Active Topics

First of all,I have many choices like HTC HD 2(way cheaper than N900),it is considered as 'better than N900' why? I don't F****** care why.So what I wanna tell you is that I want Nokia N900 only.
I will like to mention something I do with my N70,
1.Internet surfing.
.Music
.Emails
3.Reminder(any good software on N900?,plz tell me)

Ok,thats it.I don't play games even on my PSP,so forget about games,I love this device though I don't own it at this moment.

I want answers from 'code-masters' and those who can just apply the codes but cant create one.
I want you guys to clear some of my doubts I will be thankful to you if I get questions answered by you.
1.Is there any problem playing youtube videos since N900 does not support latest flash ver. used by youtube?

2.It runs Meego and Android(am I right?),so can we download and install all those apps used by these two OSs,along with using any of the two OSs can we use N900 as a phone too?

3.Can I use my PC files on N900 even being away from home,which is called as 'file sharing'?

4.Can I use my PC's internet on N900 moving out of the range of my router?

5.Since it has no 3rd party MP3 player software to install,does it deliver good sound quality? Because 'mobifactor powermp3' amplifies sound to double than that 'default MP3 player by nokia'

6.After a year or two,will N900 have no new software made for it? that because of arrival of MeeGo?

7.Any good dictionary software like MSdict available on symbian?(I have not searched for it,sorry dear,but plz help)

Ok thats it.
Please,please answer my questions,its a humble request.

And one more question,
what did you like most in your N900 when you used it for first time?

Thanks to all of you,
I love you guys,you have made N900 much more irresistible!!

The Following User Says Thank You to vicvanceind For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ India
1.Youtube videos runs fine.There are some apps which plays Youtube videos well.
2.Yes(most of Android apps works)
4.Yes using Connectify
5.Music quality is very good
6.Not sure
7.It's available

Web Advices
Tablet Phone X
Blogging Tips
Know IP Address

The Following User Says Thank You to plaban For This Useful Post:
you can pretty much do anything with the device, with that said, anything you do to your device can "break" it as in you have to start from scratch. its A LOT more forgiving than other platforms as its very hard to brick. but with that said, as long as youre willing to do the research, and have patience, a key is investigation, a lot of ppl have tried a lot of things, so you can work from the mistakes already made.

as for your questions:

1) yes, flashtweakr (beta application)
2) yes, but not full versions (all working components) of those two OS'
3) yes, but there are several different meanings to your sentence, so i cant be certain about what your asking specifically. but there are caveats to each answer. for the most part it is possible, regardless of your questions meaning.
4) no, your out of range of the router. you can use the 2G/3G once that happens --* i stand corrected above!! and will look into this
5) yes, there are other applications for music on the device, but they all use pulseaudio which is the audio controller
6) we are in year two (nov '09) was the release. no more planned OS upgrades (maybe one more, but its doubtful) focus is on MeeGo
7) yes, youd have to search for them i dont know any off the top.

enjoi your device, still one of the best out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by plaban View Post
1.Youtube videos runs fine.There are some apps which plays Youtube videos well.
2.Yes(most of Android apps works)
4.Yes using Connectify
5.Music quality is very good
6.Not sure
7.It's available
Oh my god!!
Thanks a lot dear!
You made my day.Now I am dying to have N900 in my hands!!

Thanks for your reply,I give you one year out of my life

thank you very much,God bless,see ya!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vicvanceind For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
1. You can play YouTube videos with a 3rd party app. CuteTube is very good, you can also download the videos straight to your phone.

N900 can play videos from YouTube.com directly but the videos are a bit laggy.

2. The N900 natively runs MAEMO 5 (Fremantle). You can, alternatively, install MeeGo (it's not ready for release for the masses, no HW acceleration etc) and Android (2.3 Gingerbread I think, although you should take into account that the phone usability is not 100%, certain functions are missing, check Nitdroid site for more information).

3. There are, I think, applications that allow you to do this, although I am not sure because I have not needed this until now.

4. That's... impossible. When you're moving out of your router's range, the N900 will either disconnect or change the access point to your mobile internet (if available from your operator).

5. You CAN install 3rd party MP3 players. There a more than a couple alternatives in the repositories.

6. The N900 is a device released in Q4 2009 so you can consider it a "old" device, by today's standards. There is, at this moment, a clear statement from Nokia that the N900 will not be updated to MeeGo. However, given the fact that early build of MeeGo are running fine on the N900, and also the fact that the N900 was given a dual-boot possibility (starting from PR1.3), it's almost sure that MeeGo will be, unofficially, ported to the N900. If MeeGo will provide full functionality and full usability on N900 is unknown.

7. MSdict is in the repositories.

Last question: I liked the fact that it was... different. It's not your average smartphone. It's a tablet, with phone functionality. And because I was changing from a N97, the N900 felt so good.

The Following User Says Thank You to geojoking For This Useful Post:
You can expect a phone which is utterly awesome in every single way, wonderful OS, such that nothing can compete, but has a terrible hardware fault with the usb connector.

The Following User Says Thank You to HRH_H_Crab For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HRH_H_Crab View Post
You can expect a phone which is utterly awesome in every single way, wonderful OS, such that nothing can compete, but has a terrible hardware fault with the usb connector.
Amen on the usb - just pay attention when you plug it in and treat it gently
and it should last.

And another point - you may want to install a diffferent email client.
That depends on what you like, of course,
some people do not depend on the email client as heavily
as others of us do, so it is a subjective question.

And read up on how to reflash so if and when you ever have a problem
you can just rip it apart and start over - or even better get backup menu

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
4. That's... impossible. When you're moving out of your router's range, the N900 will either disconnect or change the access point to your mobile internet (if available from your operator).
I wanted N900 to have something like 'internal router' as in laptops,but it does not have it,its ok,no probs at all!

I liked the fact that it was... different. It's not your average smartphone. It's a tablet, with phone functionality.
ya,Its different,it isTHE N900.

Thanks bro!!
Keep guiding me please.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by vicvanceind View Post
SNIP

3.Can I use my PC files on N900 even being away from home,which is called as 'file sharing'?

SNIP
In answer to 3 you can use your Microsoft Office compatible files on the N900 if you have the correct software. "Word to Go", "Sheet to Go" and "Slideshow to Go" provide read/edit capability for Word, Excel and Powerpoint files. This assumes you have the files on device or the microSDHC. Can you remotely access your files on the PC from N900? Someone else who has done it would be better equipped to answer that question.

The Following User Says Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by vicvanceind View Post
I wanted N900 to have something like 'internal router' as in laptops,but it does not have it,its ok,no probs at all!
I don't quite understand what you mean, but there are several ways to network your N900 directly with the laptop and share an internet connection, but they'll take a little work to set up, you can't do it straight out of the box.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post: