Posts: 101 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Arab Emirates
Hi. I know a thread already available on the subject above. But I am little bit confused. Can some one post a detailed step by step tutorial porting SHR (Stable Hybird Relase) to N900. Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to ayazpak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
+1 for this...would love to boot this along maemo,nitdroid...

anyone?

The Following User Says Thank You to one1002 For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to osama For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by osama View Post
download the rootfs from here :

http://build.shr-project.org/shr-uns....rootfs.tar.gz

and the tutorial from here :

http://wiki.freesmartphone.org/index...0/Installation
Thanks man. I know this tutorial is available but I mention that I am confused to read it or to do it. Can you please spare some time and explain here in easy way if you can. What is rootfs and its functionality?

May I suggest if you are asking such a question, it might not be the thing for you... If you are really keen, do a bit of research on google and see what you are really getting yourself in for.

"easy" and "rootfs" certainly do not belong in the same sentence!

The Following User Says Thank You to jabawok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by ayazpak View Post
What is rootfs and its functionality?
If you don't know the answer to this question, you certainly shouldn't be installing an alternate OS.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

[QUOTE=cfh11;923090]If you don't know the answer to this question, you certainly shouldn't be installing an alternate OS

Dont spend your narrow minded words here. If you know the answer and didnt want to tell just keep quite. I am not hungry for your stupid suggestion.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Dont spend your narrow minded words here. If you know the answer and didnt want to tell just keep quite. I am not hungry for your stupid suggestion.
that was neither narrow minded nor a stupid suggestion. if your friend who keeps failing his driving test texts and asks you how to do a j-turn, do you tell him or suggest he put down his mum's car keys and find something else to do?

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
If you don't know the answer to this question, you certainly shouldn't be installing an alternate OS.
I believe what the OP is trying to accomplish is called "learning." When you're unsure of something (GOD I hope I use this right!) you "learn" by experiencing of what you're unsure of.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattbutsko For This Useful Post:

Tags
epic fail, give it up