Active Topics

Is it possible to port phoneME to maemo? I'm sure this would bring n900 full midp2.2 support and would bring us tons of old and new apps

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Seems like it's been made with Qt?

"This workspace contains files that make use of the TrollTech QT libraries."

Yes and I'm asking if someone can/is interested to port it to maemo... I'm no mobile dev so I can't do anything. Don't have enough time to study mobility/mobile development for now so can do it myself either. Well it's open source & intended for mobile platforms *cross fingers* hoping someone would port it.

Am I on the wrong sub forum or it's just nobody is interested?

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Maybe the Gurus of the forum (The great devs who make us proud of our N900) are not connected yet! patience bro' ! your dream will become true! I hope.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Yeah hope so *crosses fingers*

Are you aware of the Jalimo project?

https://wiki.evolvis.org/jalimo/index.php/Jalimo

Not sure about how active current development is?

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
It is possible to build it for N900. And provided that JSR 239 (OpenGL ES bindings), JSR 179 (Location API) and other important JSRs support would be compiled in this would bring a lot of quality apps to N900.

I did try to build it a year ago because I wanted to continue CloudGPS development on N900 when I got it but there were many problems with dependencies and my build environment. After quite a struggle I just decided to rewrite it from scratch in native C.

There is a lot of interest in bringing Java ME to N900 (many threads about that). Not everyone knows that phoneME would the best solution. Anyway I do care but I do not have enough free time to make it happen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Looks like someone did try a couple of years back: http://www.java.net/forum/topic/mobi...2-and-qt-434-0

I'm also interested in trying it but I lost the patience a month ago just by trying to install the SDK for maemo. I tried locating the downloads and lead me to lots of broken/outdated links and went to the point that I gave up. So now I'm just asking to those who know how to port it.

Tags
java is dead, just shoot me