Active Topics

for some really odd reason I cannot access maemo talk at all from home. All sites work except maemo talk. I'm using 3G to write this and it works fine but at home it will always timeout. I've checked everything on the network and everything seems ok. It doesn't work on any of my PCs or the N900.

Have the servers had enough of me?
any suggestions?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Deja vu.., i thought there was a thread similar to this just yesterday. But where'd that one go?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ United States
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
for some really odd reason I cannot access maemo talk at all from home. All sites work except maemo talk. I'm using 3G to write this and it works fine but at home it will always timeout. I've checked everything on the network and everything seems ok. It doesn't work on any of my PCs or the N900.

Have the servers had enough of me?
any suggestions?
Without a proper traceroute and further information, it is not possible for anyone to help you.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewX192 For This Useful Post:
weird..... instead of talk.maemo.org i was redirected to talk.internettablet.org (something similar) all day long yesterday. even hardcoding talk.maemo.org in google and clicking the link would direct it to talk.internettablet.org.

all day i sensed that maemo was officially dead by community so they reverted back to more versatiled name to tablets not specific to OS or hardware manufacturer.

well its back to normal for me no more auto direct to older webnames.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Deja vu.., i thought there was a thread similar to this just yesterday. But where'd that one go?
was there? I must have missed it, sorry about the new thread then.

well, all is working fine now, glad it wasn't just me going crazy. Thought my ip had been blacklisted for a second.

Happy new year everyone.

Last edited by Cue; 2010-12-31 at 08:34.

I was browsing this site last night from home and then suddenly I couldn't access this site, it just kept timing out.

I'm, guessing there's some hosting problem?

That's the second time in about a week, all other parts of the maemo site were accessable.

The Following User Says Thank You to ziggadebo For This Useful Post:
Talk's server has a firewall software running that will automatically temporarily block anyone's IP due to an excessive amount of failed logins via pop3, imap, ftp, sshd, control panel, password protected pages, etc.

If you are timing out, PM me the IP address you are having problems with and I can unblock your IP.

Last edited by Reggie; 2010-12-31 at 15:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post: