Posts: 2 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Melbourne Australia
Hello all,

till today I had no major issues with the N900 and when I had one this forum was very helpful, but on the last couple of days I've been experiencing a singular problem.

Yesterday I've inserted a Class4 8GiB micro sd card and while I was doing that the battery fall off. Nothing serious really but I think that any details would help to understand why and probably what it is happening.

Right after that every sms I send will show up as "pending", if I close the conversation window the sent sms will not be saved and some received messages will be lost as well.

It seems it doesn't happen with other contacts, but only with the most used contact.

Somehow I've got it fixed last night simply by removing the international code (+61) from the contact number but today I'm having the same issue again.

On a side note, probably related or not, when another contacts calls me the phone will show up the number instead of the contact name even if the calling number is saved on my contacts.

Any help will be appreciated.
Tanks

try this in xterm
Code:
cd /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger
mv el-v1.db el-v1.db.bak
(you'll lose all your messages/recent calls, though you're only actually renaming the database so if you need to find a oldn sms you can just use an sqlite tool to check it manually from the backup)

then reboot

see if the problem persists

No wait, please don't do this. I had the exact same issue and after talking it over with one of my very talented Linux friends he came up with a solution so beautifully simple and it worked.

Problem is I cannot remember the exact command line he used, I'll have to text him when I wake up and ask him.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
same problem and i've already done what char has recommended but the problem has come back and with the same person as before. i can't find the thread which had alot of info on this.

there was also another thread where it was suggested to delete the contact and re-add them to fix it

There was a thread mentioning this somewhere, I don't remember...

But this problem happens to me when someone sends a multi-message text and I get 3 or 4 at once. After that happens their contact will not reliably save sent or received messages until a reboot. I haven't really looked into this because I rarely get such large messages.

I've been having exactly the same problem...weird thing about this is that phone is fine for few days as dont put any new app's or do anything different...few phone calls and texts here and there ...then out of blue boom and i need to reboot it.... do you have a lot text's on your phone? is having tons of sms on n900(which I have) might have soemthing to do with it?

I have this exact same problem.
It started several months ago. I found that deleting the messages keep saying pending (even though they have really sent) and resetting over and over works eventually, but that is way too much trouble.
Indeed it only happens with my most common SMS contact which I have probably millions of saved texts with.
I would really like a solution to this. If a solution is posted, could you please email me at link7037+tmo@gmail.com thanks.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Yugoslavia
Originally Posted by LondonBenji View Post
No wait, please don't do this. I had the exact same issue and after talking it over with one of my very talented Linux friends he came up with a solution so beautifully simple and it worked.

Problem is I cannot remember the exact command line he used, I'll have to text him when I wake up and ask him.
Still no response from your friend..? Pretty please, with sugar on top?

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
no resolution?

this is pretty freaking ridiculous..