Hi everyone
This week..my n900 was working perfetly..I didnt install anything neither had fell to the ground..
Till in the morning I notice that I was not able to get my home wifi signal neither my GPRS internet conection...
Then I open wifi eye app.. but it didnt execute....I turn off the device and I saw the message of malfunction 10s shutdown.
I tried to turn it on again..but nothing..When I remove the battery and place it again the n900 turn on.
But the problem was still there..

At the beggining I thougth it was a problem of the wifi..but then I realice that I could not execute the files manager neither the aplication manager..It just crash the phone. I turn it off..and the only way to turn in On again..is by removing the battery.

I flash the n900 and I lost all my apps...but the problems keeps the same...
and without wifi..I cant get any apps again....
Please..I need help..If someone had this problem before HELP me to solve it....

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by paul_lozada007 View Post
Hi everyone
This week..my n900 was working perfetly..I didnt install anything neither had fell to the ground..
Till in the morning I notice that I was not able to get my home wifi signal neither my GPRS internet conection...
Then I open wifi eye app.. but it didnt execute....I turn off the device and I saw the message of malfunction 10s shutdown.
I tried to turn it on again..but nothing..When I remove the battery and place it again the n900 turn on.
But the problem was still there..

At the beggining I thougth it was a problem of the wifi..but then I realice that I could not execute the files manager neither the aplication manager..It just crash the phone. I turn it off..and the only way to turn in On again..is by removing the battery.

I flash the n900 and I lost all my apps...but the problems keeps the same...
and without wifi..I cant get any apps again....
Please..I need help..If someone had this problem before HELP me to solve it....
You obviously reflashed the applications' and OS's partition. Have you reflashed EMMC / internal memory / flash memory / MyDocs?
Make backup of all documents, photographs, videos first.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
You obviously reflashed the applications' and OS's partition. Have you reflashed EMMC / internal memory / flash memory / MyDocs?
Make backup of all documents, photographs, videos first.
Yep..I have backups of all my files..I reflashed EMMC vanilla and the lates maemo firmware..BUT I still have the same problem...No connections, and all the time my n900 crashes..

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Let me think...
Was the EMMC vanilla the same version as maemo firmware?
The latest version: 20.2010.36-2

Do absolutely all applications crash? Clock, Notes, Phone, Photos, Camera etc? Or some work without crash?

Have you taken SIM card and MicroSD card out of the N900?

Let me think...
Was the EMMC vanilla the same version as maemo firmware?
The latest version: 20.2010.36-2

Do absolutely all applications crash? Clock, Notes, Phone, Photos, Camera etc? Or some work without crash?

Have you taken SIM card and MicroSD card out of the N900?
The problem started before i reflash...and i didt take out the SIM neither microSD..

Everything work ok..clock phone..media player,camera, docs to go, calculator...

every app BUT internet connections(wifi and gprs) applications manager ans files manager and maeps..always crash
...ANY Idea??

The Following User Says Thank You to paul_lozada007 For This Useful Post:
Well... Someday I had problem with DBus, reinstalled DBus package, and everything went fine. But you have clean reinstall already.

Maybe, either you have broken hardware or some files are corrupted even after complete reflash.

So it would be good to find out what's the precise origination point of problem.

Start from X Terminal
ossofilemanager
and see what problems it reports, if any.

You can try the same with hildon-application-manager, but it is too verbose for me.

Well... Someday I had problem with DBus, reinstalled DBus package, and everything went fine. But you have clean reinstall already.

Maybe, either you have broken hardware or some files are corrupted even after complete reflash.

So it would be good to find out what's the precise origination point of problem.

Start from X Terminal
ossofilemanager
and see what problems it reports, if any.

You can try the same with hildon-application-manager, but it is too verbose for me.
Im still stuck..
I Started from X Terminal
ossofilemanager
And just execute the file manager and crash..and I cant close that application..

I dont know if the hardware is broken..I havent hit my phone recently..neither installed anything..

Originally Posted by paul_lozada007 View Post
Im still stuck..
I Started from X Terminal
ossofilemanager
And just execute the file manager and crash..and I cant close that application..

I dont know if the hardware is broken..I havent hit my phone recently..neither installed anything..
Try some type of checkdisk.
If the memory has some holes the system doesn't know about, then files would be corrupted even after complete reflash.
I don't know how to do checkdisk on Linux, especially on partitions with different file systems.
I haven't run checkdisk on Windows for a long time.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
Try to go to a service man, maybe they would now what is u`r problem, or if u still have waranty go for it!

Originally Posted by ctl View Post
Try to go to a service man, maybe they would now what is u`r problem, or if u still have waranty go for it!
I called Nokia, but as I'm in SouthAmerica, they told me that they are not able to solve my problem with my N900, cause N900 have not been officialy released for latin America..and they dont have the tools to fix N900.

Damn...I'm starting to hate Nokia..

Last edited by paul_lozada007; 2010-11-29 at 21:58.

Tags
help i'm stuck, help wanted