Active Topics

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Near Paris, in the frog-eaters country
From my memories, we had a "Tablet mode" button when pressing the power button on N900. It was usefull, when we don't want phone functionnalities, but still want wifi. Since PR1.3, I don't see it anymore. It's not in /etc/systemui/systemui.xml, is there a way to get this button back ?

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
It's not built-in functionality. You need to reinstall "Cellular Modem Control Buttons".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Near Paris, in the frog-eaters country
You are totally right. I have a new N900, and when restoring my backup I should miss this one
Thank you very much

I use that all the time, plus there is a program (can't remember what it is called) that enables, disables the wifi. So I use wifi switcher (whatever it is called, it turns wifi off) outside so I am not wasting battery getting wifi signals I will not use, and often when I don't need phone use tablet mode in my apartment. I wish these applications could be combined into one as wifi switcher is located in the top by the candle (is that called the application launcher?) and the tablet is located where you single click the middle button. Could some smart developer incorporate the wifi on off component into the cellular modem controls? Since cellular modem controls also offers offline mode, it wifi on off was there as well you would have complete control in one spot...

The Following User Says Thank You to extendedping For This Useful Post:
check out advanced interface switcher, it has the option to enable/disable: cell/wifi/bluetooth

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobbydoedoe For This Useful Post:
I installed advanced interface switcher a few questions...

1) just to confirm...gsm is both my 2g/3g correct?
2) turning off both gsm and wifi is the exact thing as offline mode correct?
3) nitpicky but..when both gsm and wifi are disabled there is a flashing icon...is that a battery drainer or uses so little power I should not worry?

thanks.