is it possible for an n900 program to recognize another program? say u launch ines. a program in the background sees you launched it and thus remaps the keyboard to new keys.....the same with vgba. when the app closes...it restores keyboard layout. even better would be if the layout changed depending if ines is maximized or not. if running in the background standard keboard layout. if fullscreen you have a remapped keyboard.

i really want to remap keys for marvel v capcom on cps2.

Last edited by mas5acre; 2010-11-15 at 17:47.

Could be useful for example to games which do not have a feature to customize control keys. Also why not for Fennec, which use impossible key combinations to zoom in and out if you do not have standard plain english keyboard which do not have up/down arrors behind a Alt-key.

H=left
U=up
J=down
K=right
I=zoom in
O=zoom out

ive been wondering why no one has brought out a program like this yet. i use xpadder alot on windows. same basic concept

Originally Posted by mas5acre View Post
ive been wondering why no one has brought out a program like this yet. i use xpadder alot on windows. same basic concept
yax is a xpadder for Linux.
For longer there has been also joy2key for XWindowses.
Neither though are as flexible as the OP describes and what would be needed; detecting which app is on full screen and on foreground and selecting mappings accordingly.

anything is better than nothing. you could just launch something in the background to change the keys. run the program you need to and with new set of keys. when finished, just close the mapper program.