Hello everyone i am new member in maemo community and i need help with Nitdroid installer i followed dj steve s tutorial everything was going okey but then it gave me error " Formattting /dev/mmcblk1p1 (vfat) ...FAILURE. Bailing out "
Can somebody help me or tell how to fix this problem
Thank you very match

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by NitKish View Post
Hello everyone i am new member in maemo community and i need help with Nitdroid installer i followed dj steve s tutorial everything was going okey but then it gave me error " Formattting /dev/mmcblk1p1 (vfat) ...FAILURE. Bailing out "
Thank you very match
I've read that this happens sometimes and it's no big deal. Just manually prtition/format your SD card as instructed in step 1 from this page:

http://wiki.nitdroid.com/index.php?t...:_Partitioning

Then just re-execute the nitdroid auto installer.

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Thank you very match
there is fixed version with formatting of card fixed .
just download it from hereclick here

Last edited by raaj13; 2010-11-14 at 13:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to raaj13 For This Useful Post:
raaj13 it downloaded everything but it gave me error again /dev/mmcblk1 : no such file or directory
Sfdisk : cannot open dev/mmcblk1 for reading ...

raaj13 it downloaded everything but it gave me error again /dev/mmcblk1 : no such file or directory
Sfdisk : cannot open dev/mmcblk1 for reading ...
format your card via file manager and then try.
I think your card is not being read

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ philippines
ive had the same problem ever since. im stuck in the actual partitioning step... maybe it was due to my sd card but when i changed i still got the same problem.
is there a way to manually partition with using xterminal so that i would be able to install nitdroid?

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by romelk View Post
ive had the same problem ever since. im stuck in the actual partitioning step... maybe it was due to my sd card but when i changed i still got the same problem.
is there a way to manually partition with using xterminal so that i would be able to install nitdroid?
Um, yeah. Pretty sure I just typed this in the second reply to this thread. If you somehow missed it, here it is again:

Just manually partition/format your SD card as instructed in step 1 from this page:

http://wiki.nitdroid.com/index.php?t...:_Partitioning

I've heard of not using the search function, but not reading the same page you're replying to is a new one....

Originally Posted by romelk View Post
try the patched nitdroid installer from the link in my post above.It solves the partition problem. Jst format your card via file manager or pc before your card before executing it.

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post

I've heard of not using the search function, but not reading the same page you're replying to is a new one....
new people with new bugs

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Try a different SD Card.
Maybe see if you have an old 1 or 2GB card around (512MB could work).

Mine never worked with a 16GB SanDisk, but works with an 8GB.