RESOLVED: Thanks to scyzor, I learned I needed to convert the Windows file endings to Linux file endings. That solved the changelog parsing error

I'm brand new to autobuilder and debs, packaging, etc in general and am pretty lost with this one. All help for this drowning newbie gratefully received!

Ive uploaded my project to autobuilder twice but both times has failed with the same problem:

TMP="/var/tmp"
TEMP="/var/tmp"
DEBIAN_FRONTEND="noninteractive"
DEBIAN_PRIORITY="critical"
DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="parallel=4"
TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
Undefined subroutine &Dpkg::Changelog::Entry:: Debian::_g called at /scratchbox/devkits/debian-squeeze/share/perl5/Dpkg/Changelog/Entry/Debian.pm line 117, <STDIN> line 1.
dpkg-buildpackage: error: changelog parser /scratchbox/devkits/debian-squeeze/lib/dpkg/parsechangelog/debian gave error exit status 9
From googling it seems to be suggesting a problem with my changelog file. I'm only using the one MADDE gave me, there's very little in it

mfakecaller (0.1) unstable; urgency=low

* Initial Release.

-- kojacker <Ryanfprojects@nospamplease.com> Fri, 12 Nov 2010 00:29:16 +0000
I haven't a clue where to begin to solve this one. Ive checked for simple things like making sure i hadn't put any tabs or line returns when editing my name and email address in.. can someone direct me to things I need to check?

I should also say I have had no problems creating a deb and running it on my n900, and the MADDE console output doesnt seem to be flagging any particular errors or issues when it's creating the CHANGES file.

Thanks!

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-11-12 at 22:13.

Im still stuck on this if anyone can help. I sat up past 4am staring at the changelog file, I cant understand how these 3 lines in an autogenerated file can have a parsing error and Google isnt helping much so far. I have tried creating a new skeleton project in MADDE and using the new changelog file but with same results. Is there anywhere on the autobuilder side where I can get more specific details on the error other than the basic error message that was emailed to me?

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Egypt
I remember I had a similar problem but building the package locally gave me a more obvious error message.
Try these:

Space before '--'
Two spaces before '* Initial Release'
Two spaces between '>' and date.
Newline.

Last edited by scyzor; 2010-11-12 at 10:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scyzor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by scyzor View Post
I remember I had a similar problem but building the package locally gave me a more obvious error message.
Try these:

Space before '--'
Two spaces before '* Initial Release'
Two spaces between '>' and date.
Newline.
Hi scyzor, thanks so much for your reply - i do appreciate your efforts to help Unfortunately everything seems to match up ok, so Im still stuck in the same situation

I zipped the file and attached it (can't attach files on here without being certain file types, zip being one..) - if anyone has a spare moment could they take a quick look at it and see where I'm going wrong? I'd very much appreciate it.

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-11-12 at 21:11.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Egypt
I opened your file in hex. Turns out you use windows line endings. Try setting your editor to use unix line endings somehow. Or you could delete '0D' from each '0D 0A' in your file using a hex editor.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scyzor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by scyzor View Post
I opened your file in hex. Turns out you use windows line endings. Try setting your editor to use unix line endings somehow. Or you could delete '0D' from each '0D 0A' in your file using a hex editor.
Ah! Yep Im using Windows so that must be it.. hmm I never would have thought of that in a million years! Thank you scyzor!