Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I am sure this has been covered already but for the life of me I cannot find a thread on it.

I installed Sygic Maps recently and now there are 31 tracks by 'unknown' artist in my media player with the tag 'test'. These all stem from the Sygic installation. How can I tell Media Player to ignore the Sygic directories when it scans for media?

Also, this is a slightly different question, there is nothing in the repos for controlling media by the headset controls. Is there anything for Maemo yet that can reliably do this?

Cheers all.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
edit the tracker.cfg file and add your excludes

e.g.
Code:
# List of directory roots NOT to index and NOT to watch (separator=;)
NoWatchDirectory=$HOME/MyDocs/core-dumps/;$HOME/MyDocs/cities/;$HOME/MyDocs/.sounds/Ringtones/;$HOME/MyDocs/tmp/;/home/user/MyDocs/cities/diskcache/e/1/;/home/user/MyDocs/cities/diskcache/5/8/;/media/mmc1/tmp/;/media/mmc1/cities/;/home/opt;/media/mmc1/games/;/media/mmc1/Temp/;/home/user/;$HOME/MyDocs/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/blank/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/down/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/left/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/menu/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/next/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/num_0/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/num_1/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/num_2/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/num_3/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/num_4/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/num_5/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/num_6/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/num_7/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/num_8/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/num_9/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/ok/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/pause/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/play/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/playpause/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/power/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/prev/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/right/;/home/user/MyDocs/irreco/modern/buttons/up/;

The Following User Says Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Thanks, where should the tracker.cfg file appear as I don't appear to have one?

Where this file is located?

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
/home/user/.config/tracker/tracker.cfg

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to James_Littler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
is it possible to exclude images (ie album art) from the photos app using tracker.cfg and if so how?

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
is it possible to exclude images (ie album art) from the photos app using tracker.cfg and if so how?
Stupidly, no it's not possible. The same tracker is used for the media player and the photo viewer so any image it finds in your music folder will be shown in the photo viewer.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
NoIndexFileTypes=FILEGLOB[;MORE;FILEGLOBS...]

should do what you want (haven't tested it though.)

The Following User Says Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
NoIndexFileTypes=FILEGLOB[;MORE;FILEGLOBS...]

should do what you want (haven't tested it though.)
Sounds like it's a setting to ignore filetypes. But (as far as I'm aware) you can't tell it to *only* index audio files in your Music directory and *only* pics in your photos dir.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
Sounds like it's a setting to ignore filetypes.
not just filetypes - you can put any pattern there, and files matching that pattern won't be indexed.
album art usually has "AlbumArt" or something similar in it's name, so it should be possible to set a pattern that will match all those files, but leave all other image files as indexed.