Posts: 7 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ outOnTheFields
Hello @,

I have noticed in the Meego/Maemo dual boot video @
http://thehandheldblog.com/2010/10/2...g-maemo-meego/
that the proximity sensor is reflecting the system activity by flashing light (just slightly below the front camera). I have seen similar behavior with enabled R&D mode, but instead of proximity sensor, keyboard was blinking.
I understand, that this is probably some kernel hack. I went to see if there is currently any kernel supporting this, but i was not able to find even a single trace about such possibility. I really apologize if there is a similar thread already opened, but I have a feeling that i have "power searched" the forum/google upside down, but with no results.

It will maybe sound strange, but i like this kind of effect (..whatever the disadvantages are) and i would like to try it on my device. Please advice if you know some details about this one...

Thanks a lot for your help
-Michal.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by miskooldfield View Post
I understand, that this is probably some kernel hack. I went to see if there is currently any kernel supporting this, but i was not able to find even a single trace about such possibility. I really apologize if there is a similar thread already opened, but I have a feeling that i have "power searched" the forum/google upside down, but with no results.
AFAIK the proximity sensor works using infrared, so that's why you see it light up when filmed with a camera. I've just tried and seem to be able to see a faint light of the proximity sensor when filming the N900 (running stock Maemo). In that case, even being able to control it won't do you any good when viewed with the naked eye.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post: