Active Topics

I'm seeing a number of threads where people are reporting problems with PR1.3. I must say that I'm actually really happy with the release. I've not experienced any newly introduced bugs and my phone is considerably more responsive overall, especially Modest (without overclocking or swappiness tweaks). Also, while I've not done any official benchmarks, it would seem battery performance has increased by at least 25%.

I really couldn't be much happier with it if indeed this is the last major Maemo release.

The only real complaint I have is still a combination of no IMAPidle and the fact that Nokia Messaging's servers won't interact with my mail server because it doesn't have a supported, signed cert. My sincere hope, though, is that by early next year, I'll be running a properly functioning build of Meego and this issue will be resolved.

Regardless, thanks to everyone who contributed. My phone is used constantly for work (I'm a Linux admin) and play. I appreciate the effort.

The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to kaput For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I am happy too. This device will last me for another year at least, until new Meego device rolls out.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
me too agreed with BIGBAD.... pleased with 1.3...

The Following User Says Thank You to cutehunk04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
I like it too. My only main niggles are that the menu scrolling is still juttery (in fact it freezes on me, then goes to the 'move icon' screen). Folders would be nice too as ApMeFo is still in devels and buggy. Also, portrait keyboard should have been implemented.

It's a great update, but for the time taken between this and 1.2, there could/should have been more features.

The Following User Says Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
yeaa, we are pleased but we want in addition to bugs fixes, some features....

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

The Following User Says Thank You to !!Nokia N900!! For This Useful Post:
Yep me to mine very fast now . Even happy now tweak flash has updated .

I agree with you. Now the device works as it should..

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
agreed, PR1.3 has made a decent improvement to my device.
i had no pain when installingb either. it was very straightforward and all my apps and settings remained.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
I flashed, eMMC and all, don't feel it more responsive... for me it's just the same...

The Following User Says Thank You to ivnvir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by ivnvir View Post
I flashed, eMMC and all, don't feel it more responsive... for me it's just the same...
i did this also. and the device feels the same, no battery improfment and not faster at all. Only noticeable difference is version number. I oc;d at 800 MHz using titans kernel v40 So far no problems at all.