Hi
I updated my N900 yesterday, using the Nokia Software Updater. Installed some apps, and actually did not recognize any big difference in the new FW. Maybe a bit faster in general. But SMS's (concatenated) i have send since the update have been: corrupted, or partly received at the other end. No problem in receiving SMS's.
Anyone seen issues like this?
br Lars

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Czech Republic
No,SMS works nice

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK, England
Re flash is my advice and do a Md5 Checksum of the file when you download it.

Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
Re flash is my advice and do a Md5 Checksum of the file when you download it.
this just don't make sense, this is the kind of thing that works or not.. there's no such thing like "oh my god, the sms part change 0 to 1 in the binary so my sms doesn't work"

EDIT: I'm talking about the checksum part, the reflash makes sense...

ive got no problems at all !

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
i filled as bug, there were several people who met this bug.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11450
it would be useful if you add as such info as you can to help with fix.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK, England
Originally Posted by ivnvir View Post
this just don't make sense, this is the kind of thing that works or not.. there's no such thing like "oh my god, the sms part change 0 to 1 in the binary so my sms doesn't work"

Well I'm only going from my experiences. Sorry if I offended you. It's is possible. Infact anythings possible that's why I keep an open mind.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by larsras View Post
Hi
I updated my N900 yesterday, using the Nokia Software Updater. Installed some apps, and actually did not recognize any big difference in the new FW. Maybe a bit faster in general. But SMS's (concatenated) i have send since the update have been: corrupted, or partly received at the other end. No problem in receiving SMS's.
Anyone seen issues like this?
br Lars
PLEASE ADD INFO and check comments on bugzilla(i provided link several comments before)

Originally Posted by ivnvir View Post

re-flash doesn't make sense ( as got this problem straight after reflash). and yes bug does make sense, i had it as well and several people from forum and IRC channel, as well as there are some other simuliar bugs on bugs.maemo.org. So please if it doesn't happened to you - just be happy and don't let anger out on others.

I got same problem after 1.3 update.
Sms incoming and outgoing perfectly, but the problem is that when i got atcitve sms chat, i send sms and wont show send time, with incoming all ok,

and after reboot in last conversations dont show my sent sms to contact, only received. so my sent sms arent saved. its anoing

i tried reflash with flasher, bet nothing helps.

Last edited by dahaus; 2010-10-29 at 09:02.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
i filled as bug, there were several people who met this bug.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11450
it would be useful if you add as such info as you can to help with fix.
I had this bug shortly after having another bug (9150). I think the two may be related... if you get an incoming text while the system is in a bad state it may corrupt the database, causing this issue. Resetting the database seems to do the trick, but you loose most of your conversation archive, unless you've archived it with Glogger or a similar app first. (It can recover SMS messages in the SIM apparently, but that's only about 80 texts, depending on your SIM.

Very annoying...