Active Topics

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Hi,

Is there a way to check if there is an ongoing phone call? I know dbus-monitor may give an indication for an incoming call, but what I'm interested is if there is any way to detect if a phone call is in progress, some value in a sysfs file that can be checked maybe?

Thanks,
Kit

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by kitwalker View Post
Hi,

Is there a way to check if there is an ongoing phone call? I know dbus-monitor may give an indication for an incoming call, but what I'm interested is if there is any way to detect if a phone call is in progress, some value in a sysfs file that can be checked maybe?

Thanks,
Kit
I think you just barely missed a similar thread posted earlier.
I have posted my answer there.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Nevinnomyssk

The Following User Says Thank You to bonapart For This Useful Post:
Actually this was posted about an hour earlier.
Also the OP there is specifically asking for a C++ means to do it and he is asking for means to know when someone calls. For me I just want to know if there currently is an ongoing call, the call may be initiated by self too.. doesnt matter.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sorocaba, Brasil
Hi

check the source code of Vicar because I'm sure it's doing something in this lines in order to know when a call in on going so it can feed some DTMF codes.

Best regards.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dalonso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by kitwalker View Post
Actually this was posted about an hour earlier.
Also the OP there is specifically asking for a C++ means to do it and he is asking for means to know when someone calls. For me I just want to know if there currently is an ongoing call, the call may be initiated by self too.. doesnt matter.
Here you will find a complete working example by qwerty12 in C. I've used the same in my app Phone Speakers Switcher. It tells when the phone is "ringing"(when one is receiving a call), "active"(One is on the phone or making call - even when the other end hasn't yet answered the phone) or "none".

The Following User Says Thank You to jaeezzy For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the info! Will check it out...