Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
is there anyway of having just one background for all homescreens ??? like on android, i tried live wallpaper slideshow with one pic in the file, but it made the phone slow, and the scrolling between one homescreen and the other was slow, so is there a way to set one wallpaper for all the homescreens ?

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
You could use a 3200x480 size image. This would give a pseudo feeling of using one image for four backgrounds.

The Following User Says Thank You to navsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Or you can just set the same image for each screen

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
nice idea, but very limited choice of pictures, plus i have 6 running homescreens. so i'm going to need a huge wallpaper, anyway still looking for a way t have one wallpaper for all homescreens.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Wish I was in Greece
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
Or you can just set the same image for each screen
LOL Rich, I think he means a static background so when you swipe your finger accross to switch desktops, only the icons,widgets etc. move. I've confused this one b4 too

Originally Posted by Parlapipas View Post
LOL Rich, I think he means a static background so when you swipe your finger accross to switch desktops, only the icons,widgets etc. move. I've confused this one b4 too
hmm, but wouldn't it only matter if the wallpaper wasn't seamless? Like, if you had, say, a wallpaper that was solid black on top and solid white on the bottom, there would be no transition when swiping desktops

yes your right, but i don't need these transitions, really i want to try something new, i'm loving the idea for some reason, and i bet a lots of users will want that, one of the main reasons i'm doing this is that its very very hard to find a wallpaper that can loop for 6 homescrees, 99% of them loops on 4 homescreens.

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
yes your right, but i don't need these transitions, really i want to try something new, i'm loving the idea for some reason, and i bet a lots of users will want that, one of the main reasons i'm doing this is that its very very hard to find a wallpaper that can loop for 6 homescrees, 99% of them loops on 4 homescreens.
Can't you make one? I don't know about the sheer size of it, but picresize.com would be a good start

ok thanks for that, in fact i already created more than one (wallpaper that loops for 6 homescreens) using some of the r-style and the matrix ...themes wallpapers, but really its hard to find a 4800*480 homescreen .
downloading photoshop 5 now for cutting the pic to 6 .
but seriously can't we have by using some commands, one wallpaper for al the homescreens.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
You can use livewallpaper with the option to use
one livewalpaper for all desktop. That way, the
background doesn't scroll, only the desktop
icons. I don't know how to set a still image for
livewallpaper - maybe you can use the slideshow
wallpaper with only one image.

regards
Nicolai

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post: