Active Topics

I just downloaded the new 2006 download. I am having a problem accessing my ebay and gmail. it says "unable to complete secure transaction". Any ideas?

The Following User Says Thank You to islandharvester@gmail.com For This Useful Post:
I just got a 770 from buy.com and have the same problems going to any HTTPS web site.

No one on these forums has indicated that this actually works - as far as I know.

I'm wondering if this is a limitation of the 770, Opera or a configuration error of some kind.

My 770 works great otherwise - and my laptop on the same wirelss network has no trouble going to these same HTTPS web sites.

Yes, just got mine fixed.
As mentioned elsewhere here - the date and time are critical for this to be successful. I thought I had the date and time correct, but I was set for June, not July as the month - DUH! Also, I had it set for London English - not American English - don't know if that made a difference or not - I suspect not.

Setting the 770 to the correct month (July now) fixed my HTTPS problems. I can now connect to the two HTTPS sites I mentioned in another post.
THANKS !

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ A place called home
Originally Posted by Nokia1 View Post
Yes, just got mine fixed.
As mentioned elsewhere here - the date and time are critical for this to be successful. I thought I had the date and time correct, but I was set for June, not July as the month - DUH! Also, I had it set for London English - not American English - don't know if that made a difference or not - I suspect not.

Setting the 770 to the correct month (July now) fixed my HTTPS problems. I can now connect to the two HTTPS sites I mentioned in another post.
THANKS !
Thanks NOKIA1!
Your post really helped me out! I was having problem opening GMail web sites during the past few days and couldn't figure out why. Now I know that I had the date wrong.