I have been using PC suite to sync my outlook contacts/calendar with N900 for months now.But for the past two days, it is acting weird in that:

All calendar entries from outlook are not getting to N900. If I do delete everything on N900 and copy outlook data, only recurring entries are getting copied. However from N900, data gets to outlook.

For contacts, after initial delete and copy, nothing goes from outlook but comes from N900 though. Basically it looks like one way sync. However my setting is two way sync.

Anyone came across this issue? Or is there a way to start from scratch, removing any stale sync state on both N900 and PC? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Yes, removing all settings should work. By the way, do you use USB or Bluetooth connection? Also you should try Ovi Suite - it is a little bit better than PC Suite.

I use bluetooth. I removed the pairing, uninstalled PC suite and installed it again. Even then it is the same issue.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted by milli View Post
I use bluetooth. I removed the pairing, uninstalled PC suite and installed it again. Even then it is the same issue.
You're not alone, this also happened to me several months ago. At some point, PC Suite stops syncing new Outlook data to the N900. I always suspected it had to do with either (a) the amount of data--I have a LOT of data in Outlook, or (b) a certain number of syncs and it stops working. Ultimately, it is just a one-way sync as you say, which of course is no good for folks who keep their master information in Outlook.

I was hoping with the new firmware PR 1.3 and Ovi Suite support, this might be resolved, but I can't get the Bluetooth to function with Ovi Suite.

Cheers!

Brad

Originally Posted by bgrigor View Post
You're not alone, this also happened to me several months ago. At some point, PC Suite stops syncing new Outlook data to the N900. I always suspected it had to do with either (a) the amount of data--I have a LOT of data in Outlook, or (b) a certain number of syncs and it stops working. Ultimately, it is just a one-way sync as you say, which of course is no good for folks who keep their master information in Outlook.

I was hoping with the new firmware PR 1.3 and Ovi Suite support, this might be resolved, but I can't get the Bluetooth to function with Ovi Suite.

Cheers!

Brad
I tried with ovi sutie on PR1.2 and like you said Bluetooth did not work. But however USB worked but it is not really useful. I have not tried it on PR 1.3 yet. But not very encouraging since it did not work for you. Finally gave up looking around the forums and now using 3-way sync outlook<=>gmail<=>n900(mfe) for calendar and pc suite for contacts which works for me.

Ovi suite works for me now. I haven't tried calendar sync yet but able to connect through BT and synchronize contacts.

Not sure if PR1.3 has anything to do with it. But this time I have both PC suite and Ovi suite installed in the system. Earlier I always had one at a time installed on the system. Not sure if Ovi suite is using driver from PC suite.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Falls Church, VA, USA
I have not been able to sync for a couple of months -- syncing stopped after an update to Ovi Suite (about two updates ago). I, too was hoping PR1.3 would fix the problem but it has not.

here is a FIX for this issue:
the problem is not the n900 or PC Suite it is that your Outlook calender folder has entrys which corrupt the sync process.

I think the cause in my case was on the N900 I merged - skype contacts into the original outlook sync contacts - which is fine - but skype contacts have 'birthdays' and if you travel to differnet time zones it is this data that starts to cause things to get messed up.

Future prevention : update the outlook sync contact on your N900 with the skype address only - dont use 'merge'

Now to fix the calender Sync: what I did in Outlook was
1) copy the complete calander to the archive folder:
2) use advanced find selectind folder calender to show the complete list of entrys - CTRL A select all then delete the entire contents of the calender.
3) click to veiw both the personal folders calender and the archive folders calender ( note there will be two in here now) one is youe copy ... then selct all the entrys moving forward from today and 'MOVE' to the original now empty calender folder

in PC Sync - in the wrench settings - change to
1)just calender selected
2) direction.>just Outollk date to phone
3) >delete content on mobile phone and

Now when you sync - it may take 30 seconds for the phone to clear itsself but you are back in business

after this first process : reset the Pcsync to all your normal settings

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i have this same issue...it will not allow any new data from my oulook contacts or calendar to send to my n900, though i can add data to contacts and calendar on my n900, and it will sync to my outlook.

i believe it does have something to do with a calenar issue. it started in August 2011, after i had a bogus calendar issue happen.

i copy/pasted an item in my calendar, and somehow, it corrupted and made this entry for the year 4051! i couldnt get rid of it...

so i replaced my pst with an older one, and then that item went away, but i still cannot sync.

someone please help!

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
ok. i fixed it.

here is what i did.

i am using outlook 2010.

--------------------------------------
in outlook:
file/account settings/account settings

go to the data files tab

create new (create a new pst file name where you want it to be.)

select it as the default, and then agree to everything.

clost outlook, open outlook.

you should now have an empty outlook pst with no calendar or contacts.

sync your data back from your phone to your outlook...or

you can open the calendar, and select all, then paste in your new calendar. (i do not recommend doing this as there is a bug somewhere, or you wouldnt have this problem.)

you can also, copy all and paste the contacts.

then it should sync fine.