Active Topics

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Roma, Italia
man.. just came from the store now.... just my bought my n900... its soo damn cute man!! soo far lovin it.. charging now!... got a lot of reading to do tonight to start with my first smartphone (hope it will not dissapoint me)... well nothing just wanted to share..
(i waited a long as u can see.. i joined the community a lot of time ago... to really see if the phone was 4 me )

The Following User Says Thank You to emiliofab1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
welcome aboard!

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by emiliofab1 View Post
man.. just came from the store now.... just my bought my n900... its soo damn cute man!! soo far lovin it.. charging now!... got a lot of reading to do tonight to start with my first smartphone (hope it will not dissapoint me)... well nothing just wanted to share..
(i waited a long as u can see.. i joined the community a lot of time ago... to really see if the phone was 4 me )
Welcome to the wonderful world of the N900. Beware, it is highly addictive.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
welcome on board. I am from 770 era, still have a lot to learn on the N900 and over 10 months by now, still fascinated by what one can do with it. And am looking for additional one too. Amazon is sellinf for $399.99 free shipping......still a little more than my 'hobby' budget. How much you paid for it? And sachin007 is 100% correct, it is highly addictive

bun

thanks.... guys.... :P.... i wish is not SOOO difficult to use!

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
n900 rules even after 9 month of use in my case

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
So far, as a hobbyist device Nokia and this loose organization of forum rats, semi and full blown coders, hackers, and developers have given me the biggest bang for the buck.

It ain't the latest and greatest in some specific ways, but I'm always finding new things to do with it that many of the latest and greatest gadgets haven't even thunk about doing yet.

In that way the N900 has remained cutting edge and in the entire time I have owned it, all those things it can now do hasn't cost me any additional coin.

Welcome on board and enjoy your own bad self.

EDIT; I forgot to add:

Once this new purchase euphoria wears off, I think you are entitled to one free rant thread about all the things it can't do.

It has been my experience that this rant is prompted by not being able to do the one thing you hoped it could do mixed with a bunch of self loathing fueled by evaluating what you could have bought with the money instead.

No need to fear. All is not lost because it has also been my experience that once someone in this group figures out what it is you want to do with your N900, if it is at all possible; they will provide you with the help and means to do it.

When this occurs more of those other things you'll be able to figure out yourself or at least know where to get the help you might need.

In some cases you'll now find that the N900 can do some of those specific things better than the latest and the greatest because you were able to decide how, and made it happen the way that you wanted it to.

It's all part of the Love/Hate/Love cycle all N900 owners seem to experience.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-09-30 at 23:53.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
So far, as a hobbyist device Nokia and this loose organization of forum rats, semi and full blown coders, hackers, and developers have given me the biggest bang for the buck.

It ain't the latest and greatest in some specific ways, but I'm always finding new things to do with it that many of the latest and greatest gadgets haven't even thunk about doing yet.

In that way the N900 has remained cutting edge and in the entire time I have owned it, all those things it can now do hasn't cost me any additional coin.

Welcome on board and enjoy your own bad self.

EDIT; I forgot to add:

Once this new purchase euphoria wears off, I think you are entitled to one free rant thread about all the things it can't do.

It has been my experience that this rant is prompted by not being able to do the one thing you hoped it could do mixed with a bunch of self loathing fueled by evaluating what you could have bought with the money instead.

No need to fear. All is not lost because it has also been my experience that once someone in this group figures out what it is you want to do with your N900, if it is at all possible; they will provide you with the help and means to do it.

When this occurs more of those other things you'll be able to figure out yourself or at least know where to get the help you might need.

In some cases you'll now find that the N900 can do some of those specific things better than the latest and the greatest because you were able to decide how, and made it happen the way that you wanted it to.

It's all part of the Love/Hate/Love cycle all N900 owners seem to experience.
ooo man!!.. these lines where soo deep i really felt u man!!
anyways my device came faulty .. so i had to returned it... but they give it to me tomorrow... i really cant wait!! soo damn anxious to touch it and explore it!

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Holland
Faulty? in what way?
Nice to read you're still very enthusiastic even after this bad start

This N900 is so much different from my last devices..
My last few phones were great, but after 2-4 weeks, I had pretty much seen everything it could do, and the excitement was over.
However, the N900 still amazes me every day! mostly because of this community, all the apps and possibilities.. currently I'm browsing/typing while it's connected to my TV, which is awesome

man!.... this community rocks... seriously... if every phone had a community like this.. man! :P ----. so happy i got my maemo device.. and not that cheaap *** symbian! :P