Active Topics

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hello,

Maemo OS and itīs official applications contain bugs and there is nothing special about it. On the other hand as we all know Maemo is highly customizable platform. Problem is that after you have customized your OS you might doubt that is the bug you have found from official system or is it related to 3rd party apps, system components replaced by user or tweaks made by user.

Some user have probably found out that we are able to report bugs to Tracker:
https://bugs.maemo.org/
People who have used it know that the one of the most important things when reporting is to first be able to verify bug or reproduce it. On the other hand as caring user you do not want to make bug spam/noise by reporting bugs that are related to points said before and also Andre has probably quite much stuff to do already.

IMO it would be good to have area or thread where not so experient users can talk about bugs and how to properly report them (What should be written on template etc.).

/-------
Links
Basic information for bug hunting.
Maemo bugzilla
-Status and Resolution explanations(Bugzilla)
-Bug writing guide(Bugzilla)
-What to check when hunting/reporting bugs(Wiki)
-Bugsquad(Wiki)
-All bug releated on wiki(wiki)

Weekly statistics from bugzilla
Maemo Offical Applications Bug Jar
Maemo Official Platform Bug Jar

Customized link to bugzilla
Currently new&assigned&opened bugs on official platform and applications(Bugzilla)
-----------------------/

Letīs start. I will not yet list all apps, replaced system files, tweaks but just possible bug. I have calibrated screen

As can be seen from attached image the screen brightness control doesnīt work for me if i tap (use stylus) red area shown in picture. Can someone verify this?
Attached Images

Last edited by slender; 2010-09-29 at 13:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
that red area works fine for me.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
confirmed, but the area is not as big as yours. same in the brighness applet.

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
confirmed, but the area is not as big as yours. same in the brighness applet.
Yeah, me too. Note that for me, the few pixels on the top of the little rectangles don't work either. Tapping the center of the rectangles is what works. The same stays for the brightness applet.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
wow, u guys are right. my bad. i was using my finger. now that i use the stylus, i have the same issue too.

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post: