Active Topics

Okay, so a little background first, I've finally updated to PR1.2 last night using the flasher (rootfs and eMMC from fresh).

I've had a Google around and search directly on the forum but either I'm not using the right search terms or I keep running into results about the app to merge contacts (which I don't think is my problem here).

Before starting I unstalled ALL applications except for the 'Extra protocol plugins for Conversations' and the various dependencies that get installed along with it because I wasn't entirely sure how the restoration process works when there are new versions of packages available.

Anyway, I backed up, flashed and then restored (this took about 6-8 hours! I fell asleep, it seems it was during the restoration of conversations it took it's time), I had four 'IM accounts' previously:

MSN
MSN (Haze) - Disabled.

All of these 'IM accounts' with the exception of Facebook account were restored, as were ALL conversations, including the Facebook conversations I had previously.

Now, the process for adding a Facebook IM account seems different, previously I was pretty sure I was just using the Jabber protocol to connect to Facebook chat and I only needed my normal email address and password to connect, unfortunately I didn't make note of this before flashing.

Now since flashing it seems that I had to setup a 'username' on Facebook for my profile before it would allow me to connect (which I have done). Now going back to the conversations specifically the Facebook conversations, they do not have the 'f' icon in the conversations window, do not have any avatars and if I go into one of them I am unable to type anything as it says 'Account not in use'.

So I'm guessing that the previous Facebook 'conversations' are some how associated with a different 'IM account' for Facebook as opposed to the new one I have setup, I know about the 'merge contacts' app (which I have never used previously as I've never needed it) but, is there a way to associate/merge *conversations* to an 'IM account'?

This would also be useful to know since I have 'conversations' on the MSN and MSN (Haze) accounts for the same people (I started using Haze for testing a problem).

I've been having a look through the backup file and in "Backup 24-09-2010\comm_and_cal.zip\Root\home\user\.osso-abook\db\tp-cache-bak" I can see four files which look like my old accounts:

butterfly_msn_lexandroda_40hotmail_2ecom0
haze_facebook_lexandroda_40hotmail_2ecom0
haze_msn_lexandroda_40hotmail_2ecom0
spirit_skype_LondonBenji0

Is there another place I should be looking? Searching on the App Manager I can't see the MSN (Haze) plugin any more (nor can I see it on my installed applications).

Again looking in "Backup 24-09-2010\comm_and_cal.zip\Root\tmp\.rtcom-accounts" there are three folders with sub directories:

butterfly --> msn

haze --> msn
--> facebook

spirit --> skype

So it looks like previously my Facebook IM account was handled by Haze?

If I do a backup now I get:

butterfly --> msn

gabble --> jabber (I imagine this is the new Facebook IM account)

haze --> msn
--> facebook

spirit --> skype

I can see the Haze-->Facebook configuration in the new accounts.cfg in "\comm_and_cal.zip\Root\tmp\.rtcom-accounts" so I guess all I need to do is install the previous 'MSN (Haze) plugin' that I had before I flashed or associate the conversations to the new gabble plugin (preferred) and find some way of merging the Haze MSN conversations with the butterfly conversations.

I think I have been confusing myself, I don't think there ever was a separate MSN (Haze) Plugin in the installs, it's part of the Extra Protocol Plugins For Conversations install.

From the file "\comm_and_cal.zip\Root\tmp\.rtcom-accounts\accounts.cfg" it looks like this no longer works and was originally how I was accessing Facebook:

Code:
[haze/facebook/lexandroda_40hotmail_2ecom0]
manager=haze
protocol=facebook
DisplayName=
param-account=lexandroda@hotmail.com
Profile=facebook
condition-ip-route=1
Enabled=true
HasBeenOnline=true
ConnectAutomatically=false
Nickname=lexandroda@hotmail.com
NormalizedName=lexandroda@hotmail.com
AutomaticPresenceType=2
AutomaticPresenceStatus=available
AutomaticPresenceMessage=Maemo
param-get-notifications=false
param-use-groups=false
param-show-history=false
param-hide-self=false
param-set-status-through-pidgin=false
param-manage-friends=false
Maybe I'm on a red herring? Is there anyway to get this to work again as an IM Account or botch the new Jabber/Facebook IM Account below so that the existing Facebook conversations are now associated with it will be used for any further Facebook conversations?:

Code:
[gabble/jabber/lexandroda_40hotmail_2ecom0]
manager=gabble
protocol=jabber
DisplayName=
param-stun-port=3478
param-account=LexandroDA@chat.facebook.com
param-require-encryption=false
param-ignore-ssl-errors=true
param-resource=Maemo
param-old-ssl=false
param-server=chat.facebook.com