Active Topics

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
I am getting my first internet tablet soon. However, i need some help in getting the various accessories to go with it.

Firstly, i read that i will need a powered-usb adapter to use it as a host device. Which one would i need? I know that right now usb host mode is still not stable/possible, but i'm betting that it'll work.

Secondly, i need to know a cheap bluetooth keyboard that is compatible with it.

Thirdly, how long will the battery last on a N800 when using it with a bluetooth keyboard? I'm planning on using it for programming.

Lastly, what screen protector should i get?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by torx; 2007-05-08 at 02:27.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
anyone?????/

No real host mode capability for N800 yet.

Get Stowaway BT Keyboard or Apple's...I heard those work.

Battery lasts about 2-3 hours...but depends on what you're doing with it. Best keep it plugged in if you're programming, since you'll be stationary...

Depending on the type of screen protector you like...there's those crystal clear ones (but reflective) or those matt ones (non-reflective, but maybe not as smooth). Check out http://shop.brando.com.hk/

Get the N770 screen protector size cos it's the same for N800.

hi, how do you keep it plugged in while it not be on the charging screen?

Originally Posted by luketoh View Post
No real host mode capability for N800 yet.

Get Stowaway BT Keyboard or Apple's...I heard those work.

Battery lasts about 2-3 hours...but depends on what you're doing with it. Best keep it plugged in if you're programming, since you'll be stationary...

Depending on the type of screen protector you like...there's those crystal clear ones (but reflective) or those matt ones (non-reflective, but maybe not as smooth). Check out http://shop.brando.com.hk/

Get the N770 screen protector size cos it's the same for N800.

Posts: 187 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Southampton, UK
Hold the on button down and it will turn on. It only goes to the charging screen when you plug it in and it is turned off.

Yeah, you don't need to turn off the N800. Most leave it on. Set your blank and timeouts to the same value. Quick press the on/off button and then press the dpad's center button to select Lock Touch Screen and Keys. That should put the device to sleep and blank the screen.

Doing the same procedure of pressing the on/off quickly and then pressing the center dpad will wake and unlock keys.

Luke