Active Topics

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
An improvement over the "Statusbar Clock". I "configured" my font for a light blue Sans Bold 20. You can also set "daily", "weekly" and "once only" alarms, however, I would have liked "weekdays" and "weeekends" settings. You can actually choose where in the status bar to place your clock (be carefull because you can place the "minutes" away from the "hours" display. Instructions show up during installation.

Name:  Screen_Clock.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  27.4 KB

I would have been nice if the "mgcal" (My Google Calendar) had displayed the "actual" time and date instead of "Updated".

Update: We are experiencing desktop icon crashes with version 0.7-1, looking forward to a "fix".

Last edited by Den in USA; 2010-08-31 at 18:12.

I wonder if anyone has thougth about making a floating clock, that always sits on top of the current window (Like where it says 'opening such and such' in the top right corner.) But also transparent so it's not in the way of browsing. Also not click-able to so can't actually click on it, so when you are browsing or working in some window, you don't have to worry about clicking there. Maybe applet settings will let you go in and set alarm and time and such.

I like to run most programs in full screen, so while large status bar clock is my favorite clock to use, I wish I wouldn't have to loose it when I go full screen.
I really like your desktop layout Den, I might take a clue from that and organize mine :P

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
107 degrees.... Mwhahahahaha!

I hope the city of Palm Springs burns today. *lol*

Sorry Den.

I just wish I could live someplace glamorous like you.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
I am staing in South Carolina, Charleston. Other day it was 115 and air here is extremly humid. Man, I was just dieing...

Anyway, anabling alarm in this applet causes hildon-desktop crashes, be careful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
I wonder if that is causing the hildon crashes with the SSU. I remember when I first installed the SSU I had Large Status bar clock and the desktop crashes, fairly sure I was using the alarm. I haven't installed it since my last reflash, and have had no desktop crashes.

It would be interesting to know who is using the alarm in status bar clock and getting crashes that seem to be related to the SSU.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Is there a 'safer' alternative to this application?
I like seeing the clock up there but I am also seeing some crashes.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Is there a 'safer' alternative to this application?
I like seeing the clock up there but I am also seeing some crashes.
The status bar part of statusbarclock works fine for me (the desktop applet part does crash though).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post: