Active Topics

Hello,

I buy N800 because I expect I'll use it to remotely check my PC over Logmein application, but when I try to connect over this application it's always faild for time out error otherwise I have faster internet connection. Later I try other remotely software a "gotomypc", but it's not working as well. Is anybody have such an experince with this or somebody should help me ?

p.s. Orb software is nice, but not sufficient otherwise only share files, but I mostly need to connect to my pc to check and run some application.

Thank you in advance

Karel

Have you tried the VNC viewer program that's available for the N800? Before I had my touchscreen problems, I was able to use that successfully.

VNC is should work only in cause of local network or you have fix ip, isnt it ? I have my pc connected over internet provider without fix adress and this is not possible over VNC or I'm wrong ?

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by nifty8 View Post
VNC is should work only in cause of local network or you have fix ip, isnt it ? I have my pc connected over internet provider without fix adress and this is not possible over VNC or I'm wrong ?

You are wrong...

You can use VNC over Dinamic IP or Static... it does not matter....

You'll want to install Hamachi, ideally, on both your PC and your N800. At that point, VNC through that VPN.

Otherwise you're going to have to expose a fairly insecure service (VNC) over public ports.

I been exposing VNC on my network for years withouth a problem... Is just a matter of knowing how to do it securely... You do not need Hamachi thats not a real solution....

Erm, an open VNC port is an invitation. VNC, unless you're using a proprietary extension, sends passwords in cleartext.

Hamachi's a fairly easy way around the problem. SSH tunnels are how I do it, personally, but that's not for everyone.

ssh is the way...

Ok. Thank you for you feedback, otherwise I still have problem to connect PC and my N800. On my PC I have RealVNC server 4.1.2 and on Nokia N800 VNC viewer downloaded from maemo.org . My PC I have directly connect to internet over internet provider (dynamic adress) and My phone same over the mobile internet provider. On My PC I have standart port 5900 coonnection required password and accept connection default + , but it is still not work. Do I should check something more ?

Second question somebody know where I can download Hamachi for N800. I saw on www.hamachi.cc is linux, but not yet compiled.