Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
For everyone using Android on the N900 (or other Android devices), get this:
Netflix Coming to Android

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...roid/?news=123

Niiiiiiice.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
I'll admit.. kinda cool.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
I'll admit.. kinda cool.
Despite Nokia's failings to push/support/etc Maemo and Ovi, you gotta admit that this would reeheeeeally rock if it'd work on NITDroid.

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Despite Nokia's failings to push/support/etc Maemo and Ovi, you gotta admit that this would reeheeeeally rock if it'd work on NITDroid.
Definitely. I don't use NITDroid really as the last time I tried it it ran really slow... but for those that do and have Netflix this'd be wicked.

Honestly, I would really like Netflix to first fix Linux Desktops... then move to Linux-based handsets... but I guess I'm dreaming now. I still have to use my Blu-Ray player and Wii at home to Stream Netflix's instant play even though my computer is all setup HDMI to my TV because of the lack of Linux support .

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
I fail to see why it wouldn't work on NITDroid. Though it might lag as the HW acceleration isn't fully functioning yet, IIRC.

Definitely. I don't use NITDroid really as the last time I tried it it ran really slow... but for those that do and have Netflix this'd be wicked.

Honestly, I would really like Netflix to first fix Linux Desktops... then move to Linux-based handsets... but I guess I'm dreaming now. I still have to use my Blu-Ray player and Wii at home to Stream Netflix's instant play even though my computer is all setup HDMI to my TV because of the lack of Linux support .
It'd be a hell of a start--especially if, as it seems might be possible someday, there might end up being an Android compatibility layer set on top of Java for Linux/Windows/Mac/etc. If THAT ever happened--BAM! Already done... all across the board.. for ALL form factors! Mind you--just dreaming here, but it's not unrealistic to imagine.

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
This could also be about GoogleTV not necessarily handhelds...

Originally Posted by dragan View Post
This could also be about GoogleTV not necessarily handhelds...
RTFA: "Netflix has posted a job listing for an “Android Video Playback Expert” that seems to foretell the app quite explicitly"

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
RTFA: "Netflix has posted a job listing for an “Android Video Playback Expert” that seems to foretell the app quite explicitly"
Well.. in his defense.. I think GoogleTV also will be using Android....

However... Android (should be) Android (should be) Android...

What works on one should work on all the rest... that's the whole point to Android..

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Well.. in his defense.. I think GoogleTV also will be using Android....

However... Android (should be) Android (should be) Android...

What works on one should work on all the rest... that's the whole point to Android..
I thought GoogleTV was going to be based on Chrome? But still, even if it ends up based on Android, it would be utterly EPIC FAIL if they didn't also make it work on a smaller screen profile. Even if it's limited to wifi/ethernet-only.

Tags
android, netflix