Posts: 312 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ dubai
well the title sais it all.

im banned by ip for no reason.

im on wifi.

there was a thread about the same topic. but it was about 3G network.

please an administrator help me!
thank you

And this happened from yesterday.

i kept being banned/unbanned.

its annoying

Whats an IP ? Don't think you get banned and unbanned repeatedly, sounds more like a fault.

that keeps happening to me when im on ubuntu.

right now im in windows and everything is good and not banned

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by sepehrsfmech View Post
that keeps happening to me when im on ubuntu.

right now im in windows and everything is good and not banned
If you have a static IP, It's probably not related.

If your IP is static, it will almost never change, even between computers in a household.

If your ISP has a rotating IP type of service, that could be the culprit.

I'll ask Reggie to check it out.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
IP is dynamic according to which server you are being routed through - your standard IP (internal) is set by your modem / router, as you are on WiFi it will be set by your router. However, certain servers are blacklisted (for various reasons, including spam, greyware, malware, etc) and these are sometimes the ones that you connect to through 3G / HSDPA.

In terms of being banned by IP from a static machine running through your ISP - this should not happen unless you are running a dynamic IP config, which you shouldn't be. It might be worth opening a command prompt in Windows (Windows key + R, tyhen type "cmd") and keying in "ipconfig /all". Check that your IP address doesn't change (and it the one called IP Address) over the course of a couple of reboots and then you can be pretty sure in Windows that you are running with a statis IP - also check the configuration on your router and modem, as these will be the IP addresses that the outside world sees every time you connect.

The IP address on your local machine should not change as it is dictated by the configuration of your modem and router, but either one of these pieces of kit could be set up to be running with a dynamic IP address....

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Santiago, Chile
criminal, well done
who sets those annoying (or should I say childish) tags?
recent phone / tablett history SE W900, Nokia E65, Nokia N95-8GB / N900

You need to click on the Contact Us link and send us a message whenever you encounter that problem. The message will contain your IP address and I would be able to check it if it is really banned from the forums.

What happens on your case I think is your get assigned a dynamic IP that has been previously used by a spammer, who was banned here in the forums. when we ban a spammer, we ban its IP address as well.

ETA: I noticed that you did use the Contact Us form. I have unbanned that IP and you should be good to go.

Some more info. We found that a member with the username "sepehrforoozan" and same IP spammed the forums sometime July 18, that's why your IP was banned. That banned member has some similarity to your username. Hopefully you are not the same person.

Last edited by Reggie; 2010-07-27 at 15:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
my annoying cousin made the sepehrforoozan thingy.

i hate him.

he made the username cuz it was similar to my email address.

did he post something, or do something bad?

please ban the account.
thanks so much

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
At least it wasn't your little brother.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
I suggest you be careful with having other folks use your computer/IP to spam. Below is the history of spammers that were reported by other sites that use the same IP as yours. Note that it goes back to 2008:

Name:  2010-07-27_1338.png
Views: 221
Size:  18.7 KB

This is from a global spammer database. If a forum site uses the same database, you won't even be able to create an account on that site.

Last edited by Reggie; 2010-07-27 at 17:54.