Righ rant time! it's driving me bonkers.. either the screen doesn't turn on, it jumps around between lanscape or portrait, it puts the landcape buttons on the portrait screen or some other reason!
ARRRRRRRERRRGHHHHGHGHGHTHHGHGHGHH!!!!!!

glad i got that out

The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:
I'm going to jump the boat soon...not that anyone would care.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Frustrations aside, why does this deserve a new thread?

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
Because I was really happy with the new camera toys earlier.
It's definatly a roller coaster.

.. that and would the fourms not be a stale place if people weren't alowed to voice their emotions without having to search the forum to find an old thread with equaly frustrated people in it?

Last edited by Kingsley; 2010-07-22 at 17:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
It'll get merged sooner or later.

The way this thread went annoys me more probably than it should do.. actualy being here and trying to contribute, and one time when i'm a bit anoyed getting a response like "put him in with the other whiners" makes me feel pretty peeved i thought this is a community site rather than a tech support forum?

Maybe i'm just having a bad day

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
If you set the phone app to be constantly landscape, the issue will go away. This is confirmed by many people on the bug's page.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Why don't you lock the phone orientation?

In Phone:

Phone: Turning Control: Display Orientation - pick one or the other that isn't automatic.

There you go, no more rotation.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
The way this thread went annoys me more probably than it should do.. actualy being here and trying to contribute, and one time when i'm a bit anoyed getting a response like "put him in with the other whiners" makes me feel pretty peeved i thought this is a community site rather than a tech support forum?

Maybe i'm just having a bad day
Unfortunately, the people the declare other folks whiners don't usually have any answers.

In this case, I do not either; but I will be honest about it. I've used a N900 for the better part of June and April and I witnessed exactly what you're seeing. I had to reboot to get the phone to avoid that 1-3 day slow-down, which will add to this problem I've noticed - and to be honest, I had to uniformly pick up the phone.

It's all a habit now, but those things I did to avoid. Is it a problem? For some, yes it is. Should it be fixed? Yes. Do I have the answer? No. Will I commiserate with you? Hell yeah.

That and a couple of other minor reasons that I've pontificated enough times in the past forced my hand to delay purchasing the N900.

Good luck. And take the time out to search for the other alike threads on this subject. There might have been a possible solution in them - I didn't find any though.

Edit: Two great answers are above my non-answer.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
Because I was really happy with the new camera toys earlier.
It's definatly a roller coaster.

.. that and would the fourms not be a stale place if people weren't alowed to voice their emotions without having to search the forum to find an old thread with equaly frustrated people in it?
yes it is so lovely to read stupid whiners cry in millions of threads and all complain about the same issue. geez, get yourself a twitter account or blog....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Tags
just shoot me, troll alert, troll bashing