Active Topics

So it seems my OSK is now gone, clicking on any text input (I've tried numerous places and programs) doesn't result in the OSK popping up like it use to. I've tried toggling it on and off in settings, rebooting. Killing hildon-input but nothing seems to bring it back. It's not much of a loss since I never used it for anything besides sentences I could type in less than 5 words but having to open my keyboard just to type <5 words is a bit annoying.

Any ideas? (besides re-flashing).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
it seems I have very similar problem: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58464

Hmm, reading your post. I'm not experiencing what your experiencing. I just don't get the OSK. Maybe we can figure this out through process of elimination. What did you install yesterday? Did you happen to apply the modest patch?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Well, the thing is I have not installed any of new apps, I only removed some of them... It could be also related to updates that I usually apply on a daily basis.

Well after an update to the Black Plastic theme (in extras-testing) I now have my virtual keyboard back. How odd..

I even tried changing themes earlier and it never worked.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Older themes doesn't work with the new keyboard in PR1.2 IIRC.

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Well after an update to the Black Plastic theme (in extras-testing) I now have my virtual keyboard back. How odd..
Happy you! Beautiful theme, but doesn't help my case...

My next step: reflash rootfs...

Last edited by mlb; 2010-07-15 at 19:47.