Active Topics

I bought my N800 back in Feb, and one DAY after the return period expired for the store, I had a pixel go bad. I called Nokia and they told me it was covered for replacement, and to send it in to them.

Their web site says they received it on the 13th of March and it was undergoing repairs as of that date. Their web site says expect 7-10 days turnaround time.

It's now April 13.

How long do these things typically take? Is there a parts shortage? Anybody got a Nokia e-mail address that might get me a response?

I didn't bother to print off the PDF warranty, but didn't it say something about repair or replace within a 30 day period?

I've e-mailed their customer support but not received anything back. I'll try calling them tonight, but as time goes by - well, I'm getting a little frustrated. By tomorrow, I'll have been without it longer than I've had it - if you know what I mean.

Thanks for any responses.

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Boston MA USA
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you could be in for a long wait. You can read about my repair experience (if you dare) in the following thread:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=4928

Now that 30 days have elapsed, you can escalate your case to Nokia's Executive Response Team (ERT), which will open up a telephone conduit with agents who can also contact the repair facility on your behalf. You'll need to call Nokia Customer Service and have them forward you to ERT, after which you can pester them directly.

Good luck, you may need it!

The Following User Says Thank You to jpj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Here: 2 months, still waiting

Oh joy.

Thanks.

Well, some good news. I called and talked to Jay from Nokia Executive Resolution. It being Friday, he asked me to call back early next week after he had a chance to check with the repair facility and see what the status was.

He did tell me that if we can't get it returned next week, I would be eligible for a refund of, what works out to, the amount of my purchase price.

So - I call back next week.