Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ California, United States
So what is the best twitter app that we have for the N900?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
I use Tweego. None of the others seemed nearly as polished last time I looked.

Witter as far as functionality goes

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
Witter or Tweego.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
waiting for some bugs to be fixed in TweeGo, so for now it's Mauku

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 120 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Haven't found any really good twitter app for maemo yet (nothing to the level of what can be found for symbian or iphone anyway). I tried Mauku briefly a few months ago but really didn't like the UI look & feel and its functionalies were far too basic.

Tried witter too but again the UI was far too rough for my taste (yes, I like pretty things that look and feel great . It also was lacking in basic functionalities when I tried it but the developer put a lot of work into it and it seems it's quite full featured now. Might give it another try.

TweeGo looks great but far too basic.

So i tend to use tweetgo.net instead. It's a web interface, so quite slow and clunky but it looks fantastic, it's very well designed with all the features you use the most just one click away and it's got the all essential functionalites (avatar, reply, old-style and new-style RT, view @ replies, DMs, auto-refresh, view profiles, view user timeline, follow and unfollow, search).

i really like the twitter integration for conversations and contacts, but seems discontinued

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
i use the web browser...

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Tweetgo.net is the best solution IMHO. Tweego is very nice looking but lacks functionality, Witter is awesome and pretty full featured but I just prefer the interface of Tweetgo.net better.
I don't like using Mauku but it is a fairly simple twitter client and is the only one with a desktop widget showing recent tweets.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
tweetgo.net
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes