Hey all ... I'm trying to perform the OTA 1.2 update but its not happening ... I cleared space in rootfs by running the script available in the wiki, and I have exactly 54.0 MB space available right now ... is this much space enough ? Or are there other issues which I may need to deal with ?

Also, I read there are some programs with prevent an OTA update .. which programs are these ?

Last edited by ahmadka; 2010-05-26 at 15:50.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
I remember; ioquake, openarena and some countdown app (tickstill, maybe?) prevents OTA update. Maybe they fixed it later, who knows..

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal
For me, removing the app "Brain test" or someting was enough. I red it on another post, unfortunatly can't remember who posted it

free office.. is one

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
I decided to make a backup of the system and after that clean the whole device. That solution is not made for everyone but it works. And is probably most simple one considering the magnitude of the update.

Silly but pertinent question, regarding this:

if you make a backup using the Backup Tool and reflash your device to the new firmware. What will be restored from the backup later? What will not be restored?

None of the problematic programs mentioned above are installed on my device ... isn't there any wiki list of programs which may cause OTA to not work ?

Perhaps this solves your problem: Disable all not necessary catalogs (Extras, Testing) in the program manager before updating. Later you can activate them again.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
please uninstall softwares from maemo resperitory then reboot.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
It seems that there is no way I can get OTA update and no way to do it via nokia software updater...

I removed almost all apps
I disabled extras/testing etc libraries
stil it prompts me to install via software updater.

Software updater stops downloading at about 30MB and no matter how many times I retry I get the same result.

This is ridiculous...