Hi all i got a brand spanking new N900 from nokia yesterday it was a replacement phone the thing is its display is no where near as bright as my first N900… Also when i open the paint program you have a white background mine looks greyish and yellowish like the colour tones are wrong does anybody no if nokia would replace it under warranty.. Thanks

No idea. I would call them and express you dissatisfaction with your replacement.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
I believe the brightness is set to the maxumum?

If you believe it to be defective (and therefore not worthy of sale) then the supplier of the phone is responsible for replacing the phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to bro3886 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by resplendent2209 View Post
I believe the brightness is set to the maxumum?
Yes it is set too max..

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Its DEFECTIVE, i had nokia like this and iPod touch like that its common backlight problem, but its hard to cover that by warranty. I mean phone does work, no problem. But you should try!

The Following User Says Thank You to esthreel For This Useful Post:
Well at the end of the day it is (most likely) no fault of Nokia, they will inevitably be able to prove it with quality control records and so on. So, take it in to the shop you bought it from and politely inquire about the issue.

Firmly assert your rights under the Sales of Goods Act 1979; if they sold you a faulty phone without realising then the contract of sale is void and you may proceed to claim your money back from them. If they willingly sold you a faulty phone then they have broken the law... unless it was clearly advertised as being broken at the point of sale

More than likely they will analyse the issue and either repair it or replace the model assuming you can provide receipt and so on.

The Following User Says Thank You to bro3886 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bro3886 View Post
Well at the end of the day it is (most likely) no fault of Nokia, they will inevitably be able to prove it with quality control records and so on. So, take it in to the shop you bought it from and politely inquire about the issue.

Firmly assert your rights under the Sales of Goods Act 1979; if they sold you a faulty phone without realising then the contract of sale is void and you may proceed to claim your money back from them. If they willingly sold you a faulty phone then they have broken the law... unless it was clearly advertised as being broken at the point of sale

More than likely they will analyse the issue and either repair it or replace the model assuming you can provide receipt and so on.

The only receipt i got is a contract receipt as i bought of eBay the receipt is not on my name i forced the seller to give me his contract receipt as sometime they say the phones been stolen they get a brand spanking new N900 and i would be left with a barred N900 its happened to people… would i be able to use that receipt Thanks