Active Topics

hi all
I have a n900 for 6 months and to be honest about the stability of the Internet connection has been pretty bad, my operator's movistar ... Also I have a blackberry at the same operator, and the stability is quite good ....
my question is
that the stability of nokia in terms of internet is less than that of the blackberry (applications and web browsing)

should be noted that I have suffered with the n900 battery, the battery life is pretty bad day .. I have to be charging the phone
I'm sure many people have this problem
that nokia will fix this problem somehow? application or firmware update?

1st - it depends on which Blackberry you're comparing?

I would say the N900 is a better internet experience (I'm on VodafoneUK) - yes the battery drains, this less so when you're in a strong signal area than a low signal area. In honesty I've taken to using 1 battery during the day, 0700-1900 then switching to a 2nd battery in the evening (on weekends) to make sure I don't run out.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
In terms of efficiency and effectiveness of connection utilization, BB is top notch.

They have many optimizations to lower the bandwidth usage (data compression, optimized email workflow, attachment optimization, image preview system, batch processing unimportant system messages, etc) and they provide encryption between your BB and the BIS/BES server too..

Though I don't use the same BB provider as my other devices, it's also the most stable (in terms of maintaining network connection and all services running on it) compared to my other devices (iPhone 3GS, N900).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
I would put that squarely on your service provider. I've had a Blackberry for the last 4yrs and connectivity issues varied with OS to OS. Blackberry is constantly putting out OS upgrades and sometimes they are good with connectivity and then their are some not so good. I can say that with my N900, this device holds a 3G connection much better than my 9700 in our infamous break room at work which for some reason is the only place I do not get a decent connection. It usually drops from 3G to EDGE then to nothing at all for about 20 secs and then the signal comes back.

i think that i losed my money in the n900
even the apps sucks...

wow, people are really losing hope on this phone..this puts a hell of a lot more pressure on the pr 1.2 update..hope it clears up this mess..

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
People?

OP
- Would you please clarify what do you mean by stability?

.edit
Is it cutting you off from internet?

Originally Posted by osmelg View Post
should be noted that I have suffered with the n900 battery, the battery life is pretty bad day .. I have to be charging the phone
I'm sure many people have this problem
that nokia will fix this problem somehow? application or firmware update?
what is your work routine with N900. There is n+1 threads about how to improve battery life. The rule of thumb of course is to disable all the internet widgets from your desktops and IM-accounts. And use internet Only when you are using it. Idling in IM (skype,messenger,gtalk etv) and Facebook or other widget that uses packet data drains battery in ~5-6h.

Originally Posted by osmelg View Post
i think that i losed my money in the n900
even the apps sucks...
Apps sucks? You mean the official apps on phone? IMO. Yes they are not what they should be on device that has ~550€ price tag. Also Nokias inability to put up Nokia ovi store is just starting to look like joke. About apps here that are free are just wonderful.