Active Topics

The TV Out image is quite dark when output on my 37" TV.

Is this normal?

My TV doesn't have different brightness/colour profiles etc and I don't want to have to muck around with the TV settings everytime I plug it in!

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna
Hmm i tried it yesterday and it was fine. The only thing i can imagine is adjusting the screen brightness of the N900. Maybe its a 1:1 output. Not sure, however...

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
I use pal settings and allso think that it's a bit dark and way to red. I'm sorry i've no solution for you, i just adjust the tv when i use it from time to time

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Works perfectly for me, tried about five days ago, showing a video via the media player was no problems. Oh and it was on a pretty cheap TV, not some expensive 98424" Full-HD LED TV.

I've had no problems. Do you have it set to the correct region in N900 settings (ntsc or pal)? I'm not sure how modern day TVs are effected by this.. but back in the day it caused some ugly display issues.

How about the color depth when playing videos via TV-Out? I heard the N900's screen only uses 65k colors. Does this also affect / apply to the output signal in any way?

EDIT: I assumed a standard TV-screen uses more than 65k colors, is this correct?

Last edited by acou; 2010-05-16 at 03:01.

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
The N900 supports 16 million in its display

Supporting != using.

So what's the color depth for tv-out?

Originally Posted by IzzehO View Post
I've had no problems. Do you have it set to the correct region in N900 settings (ntsc or pal)? I'm not sure how modern day TVs are effected by this.. but back in the day it caused some ugly display issues.
The Bravia on my living room doesn't have any problems at all. Works in both PAL and NTSC

I think NTSC looks better.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
It's also quite dark for me, and my TV set is a pretty old CRT display.