Active Topics

Notices

Hi there ,, ,,

How are you all

I would like to know were can I find a monopoly game that I can play using my N900 .. .. ??

Can anyone port any monopoly game for the N900 ??

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki
Hmm,

http://kapitalist.sourceforge.net/

is open source monopoly for linux. This requires some porting but it is possible to bring this to Maemo.

I think that traditional monopoly with actual paper is way better than playing it on computer.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinipyon For This Useful Post:
There's no monopoly game that I know of (nor for the older Maemo tablets). You could always try running it off a flash site (save the .swf file) or do what I do and play it in an emulator.

But having a monopoly game with saves would be nice.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Your best option for a quick fix is to get a console version. I believe there is a one for GBA that'd probably be the most recent.

I actually thought about this for a long time as I love monopoly.

I'm in the process of learning some python and writing this at the same time (should be interesting if nothing else).

I have some non-programming tasks that would make this a little easier if anyone is willing.

Last edited by The2ndclory; 2010-05-29 at 05:56. Reason: Shameless plea for help

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lagos, Nigeria
Way to go peeps! I so love monopoly! I'm willing to help bring it to the N900 provided my efforts shall be handsomely acknowledged...lol....just kidding....

Awesome. Well if you're willing the two tasks I have are to get all of the title deed info and the chance and community chest info.

I've come up with a title deed layout already so if you can just follow my template that would be great.

#Regular Deed. 9 is the location on the board assuming Go is 0.
Code:
9:{
      'name':'Connecticut Avenue',
      'price':120,
      'group':'light blue',
      'owner':'',
      'houses':0,
      'rent':{0:8, 1:40, 2:100, 3:300, 4:450, 5:600},#house to rent ratio
      'house_cost':50,
      'mortgage':60,
      'mortgaged':0
      }

2:{
      'name':'Community Chest'
      },

5:{
      'name':'Reading Railroad',
      'price':200,
      'group':'railroad',
      'owner':'',
      'rent':25,
      'mortgage':100
      },
I got most of my info from here http://www.math.yorku.ca/~zabrocki/m...ly/prices.html. I forgot where I got the property information from and I'm also in need of chance and community chest cards (format TBD).

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lagos, Nigeria
Originally Posted by The2ndclory;68741
}

I got most of my info from here [URL="http://www.math.yorku.ca/~zabrocki/math2042/Monopoly/prices.html"
http://www.math.yorku.ca/~zabrocki/math2042/Monopoly/prices.html[/URL]. I forgot where I got the property information from and I'm also in need of chance and community chest cards (format TBD).
Well I t done followed the link...seems to me they've got incomplete info on d title deeds like u already know so why dont we just work wiv a ready-made board that's got all the info we might need?....Just asking

I don't have a board handy or else that's the first route I would have taken. The link shows property placement and some sparse rent, as well as group info.

AFAIK, missing information aside that link is pretty accurate.

If you can run a Genesis emulator, you could probably run the Monopoly game. (At least that is what I used to do with my Nokia 6680.)