Active Topics

Notices

Is it possible?

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ queen creek , AZ
thats a good idea! i like it .. yes possible .. you could even link it to the cpu clock speed with different colors for dif speeds ..

The Following User Says Thank You to realcomix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
so how do you install the hard disk drive??

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdon
Originally Posted by realcomix View Post
thats a good idea! i like it .. yes possible .. you could even link it to the cpu clock speed with different colors for dif speeds ..
best alternative use for the LED notifier so far!

It would be useful to have this so it runs say for example when Conky is active so you can monitor CPU usage whilst conky is in the background and you are testing an ap etc....

There is a bug in the led driver that prevents using the trigger mechanism (see details here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=44267 ). If you use a fixed driver (kernel-power package has one), all you need to do is run a command:
Code:
echo mmc0 > /sys/class/leds/lp5523:r/trigger
to turn the red led into a MMC0 activity indicator.

There is still the problem of MCE writing to the led brightness, resetting the trigger, but there are a few ways to overcome it. One is described in the thread above. Another is to edit /usr/lib/mce/modules/libled.so, replacing the string /sys/class/leds/lp5523:r/brightness with the string /dev/null. A third which makes it possible to turn writes to brightness attribute of leds into a NOP should be included in kernel-power in the future.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by realcomix View Post
This is not implemented, but should be easy to implement. What is available is a trigger that changes brightness of a led according to system load. See here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=46413

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
for windows emulation this would just be permanently on?