Active Topics

The sound my phone makes when I'm typing text clicking on links or unplugging/plugging the charger is driving me nuts, can anyone advise me on how to edit or turn off the system sounds?

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
go for
settings -> profiles -> system sounds -> off
to turn them off
to change them you need to replace the actual sound files but this is for advanced linux ppl only

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Thanks for that . Is there any way to boost the headphone volume the phone seems to share the same problem that most Nokia’s I have tried in having a low headphone output which means I have to play it at full volume all the time. Is it some kind of annoying EU restriction?

Hi, I just got my N900 the other day. Is there any way to make the entire unit completely silent? I have gone into profiles and turned everything off, but there is still the startup song and I hear little clickish sounds when I touch the screen with my stylus. With both my N800 and N810, turning the speaker to off actually turns off everything.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Steve just says, "Don't hold it that way."

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by rr0123 View Post
Is there any way to make the entire unit completely silent? I have gone into profiles and turned everything off, but there is still the startup song...
Switching to the "Silent" profile will mute the start up sound, but there are obvious downsides to that solution.

You can change the start up video, which includes that audio. The "N900 Boot Screen Thread!" may help with that.

...and I hear little clickish sounds when I touch the screen with my stylus.
That may be the vibration motor. In Settings, choose Display and uncheck "Touch screen vibration". Does that help?

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post: