I generally like my N900, but the first time I had a software-related problem, I get no help. I tried e-mailing Nokia's support with a detailed description, and I received NO reply.

Anyone else able to get help from Nokia?

It really looks like I am totally on my own with finding solutions.

Originally Posted by m_yates View Post
I generally like my N900, but the first time I had a software-related problem, I get no help. I tried e-mailing Nokia's support with a detailed description, and I received NO reply.

Getting no reply really is lame. I am currently (as I type) on hold waiting for Nokia Care customer service....
Questions are answered here I find. Any thread you started that you can point us to? Maybe others here can help.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA

I can totally relate on lack of both software and hardware support from Nokia.

What's the problem you're running into, though? Maybe someone here has an answer or fix.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
this is where the software help is guys, you will get 110% better help here than at any care centre on the planet (i always need help!)
in my n95 days i would rather phone my service provider (o2 or voda uk)
than phone nokia
(but they still keep churning the best devices so they cant be all that bad!)

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Well i understand your point.. but all the help you need with software, is on this forum... no need to contact nokia when you got talk.maemo.org

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta

they don't even exist!

The forum members combined really do know more about the device than 99.9% of Nokia's staff.

What is your software problem you wanted solving?

My problem is that the media player sends out silence on the FM transmitter. I know the FM transmitter hardware works because other system sounds are broadcast to my FM receiver. I know the media player is working because it plays music through my N900 speakers. When I turn on the FM transmitter, I just get silence when the media player is running. It was working properly before the problem cropped up and I loved getting internet radio in my car. I did start a thread here on my problem. Luckily, my car stereo has an auxillery input, so I worked around the problem by purchasing a cabe to connect my N900 to the stereo.

I guess I'm not alone in thinking Nokia's tech support is not very supportive.

The Following User Says Thank You to m_yates For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
to briefly answer your question, nokia sales sucks, customer service blows, and tech support is non existant. thank goodness for maemo.org.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
Zarf is pretty damn accurate. Bring all of your questions here to this forum before trying Nokia.

Good luck

EDIT: You may want to start another thread for your problem.

Last edited by thefoxtrot; 2010-04-28 at 01:13.