Active Topics

Poll: Who will you vote for on the 6th of May?
Poll Options
Who will you vote for on the 6th of May?

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Hi everyone. Firstly I don't actually know how many people on this forum are actually UK based! Otherwise you probably wont give a stuff about this thread haha.

So if you live in the UK or if you don't but are somehow interested then feel free to take part!

Who will you be voting for on the 6th of May?

Hung parliament!

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by larrykwok View Post
Hung parliament!
The way I see it a minority government will be exactly what the UK doesn't need right now, so here's hoping the tories walk away with it.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chesterfield, England
I remember the last tory government, people have very short memories, so I'll be voting Labour. David Cameron reminds me of Max Headroom and I dont know why!

Originally Posted by Brayo1971 View Post
I remember the last tory government, people have very short memories, so I'll be voting Labour. David Cameron reminds me of Max Headroom and I dont know why!
I can`t vote tory, as i too remember the last time and i`m not voting labour - made that mistake last time.

Any time i`ve ever watched question time on BBC, the lib dems regardless of who was on the show were always the only one who talked any sense - that and they were the only party against the iraq war, so they`ll be getting my vote.

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by chris hale View Post
Any time i`ve ever watched question time on BBC, the lib dems regardless of who was on the show were always the only one who talked any sense...
Took the words out of my mouth ...

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Looking at the results here, Yougov and mori have got it wrong. Unless just maybe we're not representative?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm from the US, but I've always admired the lib dems in England.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ UK - London
Which ever gets in, I would like Vince as Chancellor. He seems to actually understand economics unlike Darling and the other one.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Looking at the results here, Yougov and mori have got it wrong. Unless just maybe we're not representative?
We're probably not representative at all, I would think a lib dem heavy vote from a forum based around a technical subject for (mostly) young(er) age group is relatively unsuprising.
My poll vote went for tory, but given the choice i'd vote for lib dem as well (despite disagreeing utterly with their policy on Trident renewal) but for me (and probably a lot of people) it's more a tactical vote:
I can't see lib dem having any real chance of realistically winning a majority in any way, and having a hung parliment leading to a minority government right now would be bad, so my vote will go to the most likely winner that's not labour, ie tory.