Active Topics

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Canada
I'm trying to access my Google Calendars on my N810. Are there any working solutions for accessing multiple calendars when offline?

Erminig crashes when syncing. I've tried wiping all GPE and Erminig configurations and starting over, and it still crashes consistently.

Seqretary doesn't support syncing with Google, as far as I can tell.

mCalendar ran all night and still hadn't finished syncing.

Palm Datebook under Garnet VM does not sync without pricey third-party services.

Are there any options I've missed? Does anyone have syncing with (multiple) google calendars working?

(One thought I just had but haven't tried yet is Evolution or something like that under Easy Debian. If anyone has experience with this, I'd love to hear.)

Thanks!

Andy

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by akorvemaker View Post
I'm trying to access my Google Calendars on my N810. Are there any working solutions for accessing multiple calendars when offline?

Erminig crashes when syncing. I've tried wiping all GPE and Erminig configurations and starting over, and it still crashes consistently.

Seqretary doesn't support syncing with Google, as far as I can tell.

mCalendar ran all night and still hadn't finished syncing.

Palm Datebook under Garnet VM does not sync without pricey third-party services.

Are there any options I've missed? Does anyone have syncing with (multiple) google calendars working?

(One thought I just had but haven't tried yet is Evolution or something like that under Easy Debian. If anyone has experience with this, I'd love to hear.)

Thanks!

Andy
I use mgCal on my N800. I think it only does my one google calendar, and so far, I must click and do a manual sync (update).
See this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=47701

Last edited by Den in USA; 2010-04-20 at 15:41.

Thanks for that pointer. mgCal won't work for me at this point (needing multiple calendars), but I'll be keeping an eye on it!

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Victoria BC Canada
I've had limited success syncing mCalendar. Basically, it can easily get confused and stop syncing. But, if you keep everything really simple, it can do it. Well, except I still get burned by DST issues every year.

I've taken to using a specific calendar (a secondary google account that shares out it's primary calendar to my main account) and just putting non-repeating all-day events in it. With this, I've got it syncing both ways, most of the time.

Yeah, I keep checking that Seqretary thread, hoping they'll get syncing going for it some day.

Erminig is just really finicky. Every big issue it has thrown at me, I've figured out a (usually sloppy) workaround and while it certainly has its share of issues, it is still sadly probably the most reliable. One consistent source of crashes is GPE summary, make sure to disable that whenever running Erminig.

Not that I'd be able to do much with it, but what debug info does Erminig show when it crashes for you?

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
I've an N810 and have consistent results with Erminig. That may relate to my usage pattern. I've only one Google calendar and make all event entry on the N810. Erminig appears not to be bidirectional. I have no problems relating to the GPE Summary. There were problems on the GPE calendar side if the Agenda view was disabled in month view so I leave it enabled.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fragos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fragos View Post
I've an N810 and have consistent results with Erminig. That may relate to my usage pattern. I've only one Google calendar and make all event entry on the N810. Erminig appears not to be bidirectional. I have no problems relating to the GPE Summary. There were problems on the GPE calendar side if the Agenda view was disabled in month view so I leave it enabled.
It is certainly bi-directional and the error with GPE summary is when it tries to write to the calendar while GPE summary is reading it.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll post the errors from Erminig when I have a chance. If anyone can identify what's causing the problems, I'd love it. If not, well, I guess that's life