Active Topics

Hey,

in order to use fMMS I've used fAPN to create an APN for MMS.
The first thing I noticed was that when trying to set the internet connection method from "Always ask" to automatically connect to my UMTS APN it would only let me choose between Wifi and the MMS APN.

So I assumed that only the most recently created APN appears in that list. This why I kind of "swapped" the APNs:
I deleted the MMS APN, changed the UMTS APN to MMS settings and created a new APN with my UMTS settings.

Now my UMTS APN was the most recently created APN and should appear in the list of internet connections to choose from, which it did.
Anyhow, I now set the N900 to automatically connect to my UMTS APN whenever I try to access the internet, but it still uses the MMS APN.

My question is: Why is that? Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Last edited by brog; 2010-04-08 at 16:58.

No one?

//needatleast10characterstopost

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Minneapolis, MN
yeah i have the same issue, no matter what i do, it will always connect me to my fMMS apn whenever i leave my wifi areas.. annoying and it means i have to constantly check what my connection is...

its a bug but i think frals is aware of it and looking for a fix, i need to find an x terminal command line to get rid of unwanted apn connections as i now have 2 non working mms ones that fAPN cannot get rid of

I also have this problem, but it doesn't affect me as O2 seem to use the same APN's for everything.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Pretty sure there's a bug with it...

I was using fMMS and fAPN as well, and it seems to default to that one.

I had to reflash my device to completely clear it in the end, since it wasn't clearing when i deleted the APN settings and the apps.

why not update you fmms and on the latest version you do not even need the fapn. fmms makes its own and it is never shown in the list of apns.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Minneapolis, MN
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
why not update you fmms and on the latest version you do not even need the fapn. fmms makes its own and it is never shown in the list of apns.
yeah thats what I did... using havoc mode works and removes the fmms apn from the connections list so now I'm all good...

The Following User Says Thank You to drewdudemn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by drewdudemn View Post
yeah thats what I did... using havoc mode works and removes the fmms apn from the connections list so now I'm all good...
ok, so you're able to basically use both at this point?

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Downloaded yesterday, same issue though, had to uninstall and put in settings for T-mobile again, hopefully this will be resolved in next update, great program though.