Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
My N800 was stolen yesterday. By, incredibly enough, a fellow employee or a cleaning crew member. I'm not happy.

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
if its any consolation, a co-workers wife left her purse in an unlocked locker at the gym, and he was wifed (wiped) out (pun intended). all but one of the credit cards and all savings & checking accounts cleaned out.

people suck
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
My N800 was stolen yesterday. By, incredibly enough, a fellow employee or a cleaning crew member. I'm not happy.
Hopefully it's a co-worker pulling a prank on you.

Do you have any info we should watch for, if they try to sell it on ebay?

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
Each n800 (and 770) has several unique IDs (MAC address, etc.), so if you kept your box you can at least verify your ownership if someone else suddenly shows up with a n800. It's too bad nobody has written a "phone-home" applet that automatically sends email to you containing the IP it's connecting from if it's not in a specified list or something along those lines.

Larry

ouch, that sucks. I had one stolen by UPS, but luckily it was insured.

Yup, I had my 770 swiped while at an airport. Not sure when it happen but it was a heart breaker. I kept checking on ebay checking any items that were sold from the city I lost it in, but nothing popped up. My guess is a local pawn shop got it!

Originally Posted by lbattraw View Post
It's too bad nobody has written a "phone-home" applet that automatically sends email to you containing the IP it's connecting from if it's not in a specified list or something along those lines.

Larry
you mean like the laptop that was recovered with seti@home?

I miss a feature to prompt for the PIN code on evey boot, and NOT for the screen lock.

Originally Posted by tolou View Post
I miss a feature to prompt for the PIN code on evey boot, and NOT for the screen lock.
I was under the impression, from other thread postings, that the security code, which DOES get activated on startup, outlived subsequent flashes.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by rattis View Post
Hopefully it's a co-worker pulling a prank on you.

Do you have any info we should watch for, if they try to sell it on ebay?
Prank was my first suspicion, but that fizzed out.

But there is a happy ending. I had left the N800 in my coat pocket Thursday, and when I found the pocket empty on Friday morning I assumed it had been removed at work the day before. Turns out my 6 year old nephew got it out and lost it in the coach cushions Friday before I left for work. The little turd.