Active Topics

First nokia N900 was suppose to have a major firmaware update in December with portrait mode, equalizers etc...

Then a minor one came out fixing bugs that no one even noticed
Then a second one was released changing the icons in the download manager and portrait mode in the web browser. WOW!

Then a 3rd one in the beginning of 2010 and not many people got the update for that one, had to manually do it and didn't change a thing.

Now a 4th one that still hasn't done anything apart from adding a play icon in the media menu

and now MeeGo can be installed and it's not even the full thing just a taster not even user friendly.

Nokia talks ***** ain't buying any more products from them

Originally Posted by maemo900 View Post
First nokia N900 was suppose to have a major firmaware update in December with portrait mode, equalizers etc...
I stopped reading after this. Nokia never promised portrait mode for Maemo 5. All they promised was portrait mode in the browser. They said full portrait mode would come in Maemo 6. When did they promise equalizers?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jessi3k3 For This Useful Post:
I read all of it and I have this simple advice:

GO. AWAY.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LondonBenji For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
erm? sorry ... i should learn to stop troll bashing one day......

But simply, can you provide proof to any of your statements?

Never heard that... i heard there may be some portrait mode added, and well they did, in the browser.
No idea about the equalizers though.

Then a second one was released changing the icons in the download manager and portrait mode in the web browser. WOW!
Well, you can see what bugs are fixed in bugzilla, even before hand, Andre does a great job with bug jars, and has even started predicting what is most likely to get fixed.
The next one was a fix to the app manager - thats why it changed it

Then a 3rd one in the beginning of 2010 and not many people got the update for that one, had to manually do it and didn't change a thing.
In the UK by any chance?
Changelog can be found on the forums....

Now a 4th one that still hasn't done anything apart from adding a play icon in the media menu
Apart from the SDK how do you know? - not as though you have it? (if you do, insert wtf here!)
and now MeeGo can be installed and it's not even the full thing just a taster not even user friendly.
Really? - they announced it a month or so ago, could you write an OS in a month? - i'm actually impressed!
Tek created a post saying 1.1 meego would not be around till sept i think of this year, so no reason to have expectations.
Also in that post he said on the 1st April the developers basics would be available, lo-and behold... (early....) here it is, and it does what it says on the tin.

Anyway.... 90% of the above has nothing to do with nokia, as they do not release dates, times or details (or fix/bug lists).

I would suggest you read alot of rumours and have very high expectations. The second part is not a bad thing at all, but with the rumours... it doesn't help
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Last edited by noobmonkey; 2010-03-31 at 21:21.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by maemo900 View Post

Nokia talks ***** ain't buying any more products from them
I'm really no fanboy, and am more fascinated by the fact that some people get so defensive about companies. I use the device from the company that I - for the moment - feel is the most suitable for me. With this said, I would, however, be glad to see that you and I don't use the same device from the same manufacturer.

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Hmm, I am having a problem here. Quite the quandary, actually.
Is there a limit to the size of the "Ignore" list? It almost feels like I am inadvertently stress-testing the Ignore function.
Please people, stop posting these threads. Think of the childr[Backspace][Backspace][Backspace] my "Ignore" list!

Maybe I should get some of RevDKathy's popcorn and sit back but I cannot stop myself...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to skalogre For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Central Ohio
There really needs to be a "no thanks" button in addition to the "thanks" one.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Viqsi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
There really needs to be a "no thanks" button in addition to the "thanks" one.
the forum mod's get that button
Otherwise known as Ban, Block, Delete....

Hmmmmmm We need a meamo Troll hunter game... (Kathy, need a new idea for a game?!)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Central Ohio
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
the forum mod's get that button
Otherwise known as Ban, Block, Delete....

Hmmmmmm We need a meamo Troll hunter game... (Kathy, need a new idea for a game?!)
Well, yes, but I'm not a mod and trying to pretend to be one is generally a good way to get similarly "no thanks"ed yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to Viqsi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 222 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by skalogre View Post
It almost feels like I am inadvertently stress-testing the Ignore function.
There's an Ignore function? Where? Can you use it to blacklist individual posters?

Tags
i picked a bad name, take the bait!