Active Topics

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Guadalajara, Jal MX
If you try to use mscim inside a qt application, it doesn't display any suggestions of what is typed, in other words, mscim its not popped up.

So my question is, why? is because of qt 4.5 ? is gonna be fixed on the "official" 4.6 ?, it's related to HIM or maybe mscim ?.

It's really sad that i can't enter japanese text on toMOTko or any other flashcard applications because most of them ( or all ) are written in qt.

The Following User Says Thank You to txava For This Useful Post:
Can't help you with your technical issue; however, the toMOTko file format is pretty easy (it's XML). I usually make the glossaries on my desktop and then transfer them to toMOTko.

The Following User Says Thank You to HOKIR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Nagoya, Japan
I've asked users of QStarDict (that is also a Qt-4.6 application, I think) if they have the same problem (see this thread). If so, the issue is probably related to Qt. If not, it's related to toMOTko. If that's the case, I will try to fix it ASAP.

Have you already experienced such an issue with another Qt application?

The Following User Says Thank You to FBergeron For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HOKIR View Post
Can't help you with your technical issue; however, the toMOTko file format is pretty easy (it's XML). I usually make the glossaries on my desktop and then transfer them to toMOTko.
Oh i see, that's an interesting workaround, thanks.
Still, thinking as average user, i don't think the user wants to transfer the file everytime he updates the glossary. I mean, i can use pygtkeditor to edit the file or even vi, but the average user...don't think so.

So, i think this thread is more "How can we improve the experience of typing CJK in applications that use Qt"

Originally Posted by FBergeron View Post
I've asked users of QStarDict (that is also a Qt-4.6 application, I think) if they have the same problem (see this thread). If so, the issue is probably related to Qt. If not, it's related to toMOTko. If that's the case, I will try to fix it ASAP.

Have you already experienced such an issue with another Qt application?
Yeah, i have the same problem with every application written in Qt, so, as you said it's related to Qt, when i try to change the input method ( ctrl + space ) it toggles to predictive text.

Maybe it's something going on with HIM, mscim, gtk.immodules.

For me it's important to find an answer, i wanna write an application for learning kanji and i was hoping to write it using Qt, but if this cannot be fixed, i will use GTK.

Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to txava For This Useful Post:
Same observation here. I tried to use MSCIM with Simple QT Editor, can't switch to Chinese input anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to vchen0125 For This Useful Post:
I asked firstfan, the author of mscim, about it. This is his reply:

Originally Posted by firstfan
I would like to make MSCIM to support Qt. But it's not so easy.
MSCIM is ported from SCIM project. SCIM has both Gtk immodule impelement and Qt immodule implement. But Gtk immoudule is easier to port to Maemo platform. I've tried to port the SCIM Qt immodule, but it's not done yet. And, I'm not familiar with Qt.
The SCIM Qt module implement has already been added to MSCIM svn, but it's not compilable yet. You can get the code here: http://code.google.com/p/scim-for-ma...im-qtimm-0.9.4
Pretty much explains everything..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lukash For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Stuttgart, Germany
I fired a bug in the tracker to keep track of the progress and be notified when it's done. See http://code.google.com/p/scim-for-ma...s/detail?id=28

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PVince81 For This Useful Post:
i'm not sure if anyone's still following this thread, but i've found a solution. mscim works with Qt with mscim-bridge-client-qt4 installed. i tried it with Yappari.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Nagoya, Japan
That's a good news. Anyone else can confirm it?