Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
In Gmail I have my business email address set up as an account to send email from. Can I do this through the n900? i.e.

Through Gmail
I login to my email thisaddress@gmail.com
I can send email from thataddress@whatever.com

Also is there any gmail app available, or is anyone working on one? Something with conversations etc?

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ecuador
you can edit for what account u wanna send email when sending a mail r u can set a default smtp account for a specific connection, that can make that you wanna do

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Also is there any gmail app available, or is anyone working on one? Something with conversations etc?
Add your Gmail account to the normal location and it will work with conversations and your address boxx just like any other IM account.

In Gmail I have my business email address set up as an account to send email from. Can I do this through the n900? i.e.

Through Gmail
I login to my email thisaddress@gmail.com
I can send email from thataddress@whatever.com
Yes, you can; it works for me at any rate. You need to login to the gMail website, go to settings and select the accounts tab, select "Add another email address I own", then follow the instructions.

EDIT: Actually, rereading your message I suspect you've done this already; therefore, just do what I put below. Still, I'll leave the above stuff in for the benfit of anyone who doesn't know you can do this in gMail.

Once that's done, go into the account settings for you gMail account in n900's email app and change the E-mail address field to your newly added address. The username should stay as whatever your gMail address is.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
Yes, you can; it works for me at any rate. You need to login to the gMail website, go to settings and select the accounts tab, select "Add another email address I own", then follow the instructions.

EDIT: Actually, rereading your message I suspect you've done this already; therefore, just do what I put below. Still, I'll leave the above stuff in for the benfit of anyone who doesn't know you can do this in gMail.

Once that's done, go into the account settings for you gMail account in n900's email app and change the E-mail address field to your newly added address. The username should stay as whatever your gMail address is.
I already have it set up in gmail. It doesn't show up in the from field.

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Add your Gmail account to the normal location and it will work with conversations and your address boxx just like any other IM account.
I mean conversations like in the gmail inbox. where replies are listed in a connected format to the previous email.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
I mean conversations like in the gmail inbox. where replies are listed in a connected format to the previous email.
Hi Joshua,
sorry - that's due to posting after visiting the pub!

If you add the account then when you hit reply and the normal account shows up the top, simply tap the label 'From' and a list of accounts you have installed should appear. Tap the relevant one and you should send form that but keep the email message thread intact too.

Hope this is what you were after.

Last edited by Fargus; 2010-03-12 at 20:17. Reason: Elaboration & Formatting...

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Hartford, CT
If you go to Email, then gmail, and then account settings from the top. You can change the email address to your business email and leave the username and password the same. However, if you wanna send a email from your gmail then you have the change the email in the settings again which is a hassle. I have the same exact setup, my .edu account is being forwarded so now I'm planning on setting an "Other" email account and just send the email and still get the incoming email in my gmail inbox.