Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
Ok just for funsies plus and Im a bit on the bored side, so here goes.

What is the oldest album on your N900/Mobile Device??

.................................................. .................................................. ........

6 6 6 - Aphrodite's Child - 1972.

.................................................. .................................................. ........

Go!

http://wiki.maemo.org/General_precautions

and FYI - dont be a n00b and copy and paste commands into the Terminal with out knowing what it doe's and what you'll need to do to correct any problems.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Tool - Lateralus - 2001

I really haven't got around transferring all my music to my N900, I'm kinda lazy. Also it doesn't fit, it's ~40.5GB. I guess I'll have to use TVersity / Orb to access my music while on the go..

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ bournemouth
so not many music enthusiasts around these parts?

http://wiki.maemo.org/General_precautions

and FYI - dont be a n00b and copy and paste commands into the Terminal with out knowing what it doe's and what you'll need to do to correct any problems.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Groningen, Netherlands
I also only threw a couple albums on there, so I'd have something, I think the oldest is Taproot - Gift (2000)

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Nottingham
I don't do albums. Carpenters are the oldest stuff I have on my my mobile device so 1970's.

Edit: Have just checked and the oldest track on my mobile device is 'A Teenager In Love' by Dion and the Belmonts from 1959.

Last edited by spoonbuddy; 2010-03-06 at 13:21.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by spoonbuddy View Post
I don't do albums. Carpenters are the oldest stuff I have on my my mobile device so 1970's.

Edit: Have just checked and the oldest track on my mobile device is 'A Teenager In Love' by Dion and the Belmonts from 1959.
YOU are listening to my music; Carpenters...........her voice is so silk smooth! Never realize A Teenager In love is that, uh, OLD. And both are my top favorite. Currently playing Eric's Tears in Heaven, "...and I know, be no more, tears in heaven".

I am browsing thru my collection on the N900, albeit a very tiny one, to see what is the oldest and the newest...

I used TVersity with the N8x0, it worked fine. For no reason, I have recently switched to Window Media Player 11, it seems doing fine with the N900 and I have sticked to it to stream my 60 G music, it takes some time on 1st run but has been doing just fine. I tried Orb in the pass, never get it to work and lost interest.

Edit: Now I remember, I wiped out the computer by mistake, and upon reinstallation, too lazy to install TVersity while WMP is already with the system, that is why.

Edit:

On N900
oldest: Living for the city, Stevie Wonder (1972) a tie with Penelop, Paul Mauriat (1972)
newest: : Emmanual 2 sound track, Joys of a woman (1975) Francis Lai (French)

Streaming with Window Media Player,
oldest: Earth Angel, Penguins (1954)
newest: keeps on growing

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-03-06 at 14:09.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
The oldest tracks i have on my N900 were recorded by Robert Johnston in 1936/37

The newest is Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More (2009)

edit - i also have some classical that was written in the 19th century but recorded more recently (obviously)

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
The oldest tracks i have on my N900 were recorded by Robert Johnston in 1936/37

The newest is Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More (2009)

edit - i also have some classical that was written in the 19th century but recorded more recently (obviously)
How much space you have for music..........I mean on your N900 , I put them ONLY on my SD card and it is only 2 G. Too lazy to manage the music on the N900, only when I am bored, I do the moving. Most of the time, I streamed

bun

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
i have around 18/19GB in .ogg format.

I have no interest in watching movies etc on my phone so am happy to fill it with music.

its a big chunk of my collection. i have around 7000 tracks on my Audio server saved in FLAC format.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Calgary
Italo Dance music from the 80s