Notices

So i`ve downloaded the Maemo Flasher and the images needed in order to flash the device however when i start the flasher it shuts down instantly.Could any1 lend me a hand here?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by cryox92 View Post
So i`ve downloaded the Maemo Flasher and the images needed in order to flash the device however when i start the flasher it shuts down instantly.Could any1 lend me a hand here?
Are you following the instructions here? What's the exact output you get when you run the flasher?

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Are you following the instructions here? What's the exact output you get when you run the flasher?
I have flashed my device before and had no problems whatsoever.Is the flasher supposed to shut down if my device isnt plugged in?

Originally Posted by cryox92 View Post
I have flashed my device before and had no problems whatsoever.Is the flasher supposed to shut down if my device isnt plugged in?
No, it should wait until the device is plugged in.

Looks like i`ll just have to format my pc .

Can you clarify which device you're trying to flash, and which OS you're trying to run the flasher on?

I do have the same problem, i use windows 7 64 bit and flasher 3.5

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Click Start > All Programs > Maemo > Maemo Flasher 3.5 > Maemo Flasher 3.5, right click it, run as administrator
Type the command:
flasher-3.5.exe -F <fiasco image with path, if in the same folder shown, just type the filename, quotes shouldn't be typed> -f -R

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Im trying to run the application on Windows Xp service 3 pack.Nokia n900,maemo flasher 3.5

you don't have to format your PC if you have Windows XP installed,
Try to stay away from Windows 7 64Bit as it have some issues with the Flasher driver, if everything fails then download a Ubuntu Live CD get a USB Drive , then download the flasher to it and run it from their , follow the Linux instruction in here , another thought , have you tried The NSU in windows XP ?
Dont forget to make sure that The USB cable is not damaged in any way, Fully charge the battery before you try any firmware updates ( if the battery dies during an update the phone will not charge again and you will have to take the battery out charge it elsewhere or put another charged battery in )