Active Topics

I've just discovered that if you backup your 203 UK unbranded and flash the device to use Global firmware (for the latest firmware) and attemp a restore of your backup, there are some problems associated with this.

I've only tried restoring Conversations & Calendar, so far it restored all contacts & calendar just fine but none of the IM nor Text conversations got restored.

I suggest if you're on a specific variant ie 203 UK unbranded or 205 UK Vodafone branded, stick with it wait for the update. Flashing phones to different variants risks losing data.

I've only tried Conversations & Calendar option so far, have not explore others such as Settings yet and have no plan to

I flashed it to Global to get PR1.1.1 but now back to PR1.1 on 203 to get all my conversations back

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
I've just discovered that if you backup your 203 UK unbranded and flash the device to use Global firmware (for the latest firmware) and attemp a restore of your backup, there are some problems associated with this.

I've only tried restoring Conversations & Calendar, so far it restored all contacts & calendar just fine but none of the IM nor Text conversations got restored.

I suggest if you're on a specific variant ie 203 UK unbranded or 205 UK Vodafone branded, stick with it wait for the update. Flashing phones to different variants risks losing data.

I've only tried Conversations & Calendar option so far, have not explore others such as Settings yet and have no plan to

I flashed it to Global to get PR1.1.1 but now back to PR1.1 on 203 to get all my conversations back

i did the same and had no issues :|
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Odd :\
I tried restoring at least 3 times but couldn't get conversations back before flashing back to 203 PR1.1

Right, just a quick update.

It seems it's the issue when you're restoring the backup to PR1.1.1

I've flashed to Global PR1.1 and restore immidiately and the conversation came back, then update to PR1.1.1

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Right, just a quick update.

It seems it's the issue when you're restoring the backup to PR1.1.1
I had no problems with doing it this way either - I recently flashed my PR1.1 UK firmware to PR1.1.1 global, and my backup restoration was fine, with everything intact.

Hmm I did the same thing and was just about to say my conversations were gone too, but it turns out they were there after restart.

Calendar and contacts were there before restart so ye I guess it's abug.

edit:
First I flashed with emmc and then (because wiki said so) I flashed with latest maemo 5 global image.

Last edited by arono; 2010-02-23 at 17:51.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
i also flashed from 1.1 UK to 1.1.1 global (without flashing the emmc) and the restore worked like magic.
contacts, conversations, and almost all settings of the control panel where restored.
it then reinstalled my applications (except for the ones from extras-devel since i disabled that repository prior to the restore), and most application settings.