Active Topics

Notices

Hi there,

i wonder if it was possible to make a desktop-widget wich can display fortune files (well known under linux, little programm with a database of quotes on many topics). I myself got no skills in programming and such, but I think this could be a good idea. The .deb with the quotes can be repacked for Maemo, am I right? Those could be seperate downloads in app-manager.

If anybody told me how to repackage those files for Maemo I'd glady do this :-)

only other feature I would suggest: tap on widget to show other random quote from installed database-file(s).

Anyone feeling compelled to code this? ;-)

Regards,
Glasswalker

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Glasswalker View Post
Anyone feeling compelled to code this? ;-)
No need - http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39177 exists and can easily invoke "fortunes".

Now you just need to find someone willing to package fortunes. I'd have offered but I had already packaged 40 fortune cookies for the N800 a year ago and they've now disappeared off the internet. Happenings of those sort tend to discourage me.

Originally Posted by Glasswalker View Post
Those could be seperate downloads in app-manager.
No, thanks. The Application Manager has already been spammed enough with useless packages (localisation packages and the like). One fortunes package with all the cookies (OK, maybe the offensive cookies should be in another package) is fine - it's not like they can't be optified.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post: