Posts: 152 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney
I bought a new car stereo as my previous only had Bluetooth Handsfree, but not streaming [A2DP]

I am loving the ability to have my phone as my media centre in the car, but I am having constant dropping out of the bluetooth connection, particularly when going from A2DP to HFP to take a phone call.

I am not sure if I have a dud stereo, or whether this is a known issue with the N900 and Maemo 5.

Has anyone else got this issue [before I file a bug]?

Thanks

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
There have been a number of threads about bluetooth and car stereos, although most of the focus I remember was about sharing address books. Try the following google searches, and variation as you expect:

site:maemo.org bluetooth car stereo
site:maemo.org bluetooth car a2dp
site:maemo.org bluetooth connection drops

Thanks Alan.
I did just join in a bluetooth dropout thread here.

Is there a bug I can vote on?

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by DaveQB View Post
I bought a new car stereo as my previous only had Bluetooth Handsfree, but not streaming [A2DP]

I am loving the ability to have my phone as my media centre in the car, but I am having constant dropping out of the bluetooth connection, particularly when going from A2DP to HFP to take a phone call.

I am not sure if I have a dud stereo, or whether this is a known issue with the N900 and Maemo 5.

Has anyone else got this issue [before I file a bug]?

Thanks
I have experienced this with my Jabra BT3030. Was streaming music, made a call, when the call finished my music resuming playing but was no longer coming out of the headset. I had to press play, pause a few times and eventually it seemed to come to its senses.

Oddly, I have only had this problem in the new firmware, used to work fine with the original firmware although it might have been a fluke as I didn't use it that much before the new firmware came out.

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
I have experienced this with my Jabra BT3030. Was streaming music, made a call, when the call finished my music resuming playing but was no longer coming out of the headset. I had to press play, pause a few times and eventually it seemed to come to its senses.

Oddly, I have only had this problem in the new firmware, used to work fine with the original firmware although it might have been a fluke as I didn't use it that much before the new firmware came out.
I am thinking I need to log a bug for this...